[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can easily make friends, but for the life of me, I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
I can easily make friends, but for the life of me, I can't keep them. I have abandonment and trust issues. I will cut people out of my life easily. I sort of blame 4chan for that mentality (here we suggest breaking up a lot) , but it's my fault too.

So I'm left with no one and it's pretty crippling. I'm a pretty shitty friend.

Do you have any advice for me besides kill myself?
>>
use your time to yourself to improve, maybe see a therapist about your trust and abandonment issues.
>>
>>17487080
IF you actually want to have friends, force yourself to hang and do shit with them and eventually it will become normal. Basically fake it till you make it.
>>
>>17487087
I can do that but I can't let them know me too deeply. Everyone I've opened up to basically hates me.

>>17487085
I was actually to a therapist recently. I felt uncomfortable because I was paying for it totally out of pocket and couldn't really afford the help I needed. Financial worries are definitely a thing
>>
oh and forgot to say I'm at work so replied will be sporadic for the next hour or two

Appreciate any outside input
>>
>>17487080
Why do you cut people out?

I've had issues with trusting folks since I grew up. Friends weren't there for me. They'd do things in groups without telling me and I'd feel very isolated from them. A lot of the time after some prying at them and my own soul searching it was painfully obvious that they didn't really think much of me or care about me. They didn't seem concerned with the fact that I just bowed out and stopped associating with them. They probably correctly assessed that I wanted out, but wouldn't be bothered to make an effort to reach out, and I think that says enough when I know that they'd reach out to each other, or to other people.

Basically I cut someone off when I'm not feeling good about myself. When I'm not feeling very appreciated or desired. I know the response to this is "you should feel good about yourself already/not need validation from other people" but my response is "if there's nothing about me that brings value to a relationship that makes the other person want to keep me around, why should I even bother?" Especially when I *know* that they actually DO value other people.

Really it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. You can stay and put up with not feeling like a priority. You can fight to be heard and seen - this is the route I take - and if they don't reciprocate you have your answer and can't possibly feel bad for moving on. You can just decide not to bother and just extradite yourself, which is a bit extreme but I understand doing it fully.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.