[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone in here suffered a burnout? I think I fried my brain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: shialabeouf.jpg (66KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
shialabeouf.jpg
66KB, 480x650px
Has anyone in here suffered a burnout? I think I fried my brain to shit. I can't think or focus anymore, my memory has gone to shit and I have constant headaches.
>>
Depends on what kind of burnout you're talking about.

I've gotten that from breakup stress and paranoia, but nothing physical like drugs or alcohol.
>>
>>17486008
i've been burned out from work as a new teacher. suck ass. summers help a ton.
>>
Yes OP, like two serious ones in the last 7 years.
One resulted in severe dissociative depression.

The other one was totally manic/depressive with paranoia and bouts of panic interspersed triggered by a combination of relationship stress, housing instability, job loss and physical stress.

Did something happen OP? sounds very similar to PTSD symptoms.
>>
I was burned out because my aunt basically implied that college was a waste of time and I wasn't making money and was wasting air. So, with the stresses of school built up within me, and how horrible my teachers treated me, I dropped. I proved them right I guess, so hey that feels fucking great.

Oh, and I still haven't a job and it was no thanks to her that I'm in this fucking mess. She basically kept telling me how wasteful school was and how I should get a parttime job WHILE having a full load. I'm no fucking father, so I don't want to put up with that.

However, she's my landlord. Put 2 and 2 together. I'm fucked.

So, not only will I never be elligible for FAFSA again because my grades dropped due to no help, but I'm stuck with an extremely bitchy person who keeps ragging on how awful I am compared to the rest.

So, spiritually and mentally, yes, I'm burnt out. Not only that, but I'm fucking washed up.
>>
>>17486036
I should add that to this day, I've applied to over 450 jobs exactly. Only 17 called me in for interviews, and none hired me.

I might not know how to write a resume, but I've studied hard on trying to win interviews. I thought I came in and out well.
>>
>>17486039
I hate when people give me job advice, but have you considered becoming an entrepreneur? For example learning a trade on your own that doesn't take any money, like coding and then start making your own programs or websites etc.
>>
I quit my job last month due to a 2nd burnout in 4 years. I even had a panic attack so I took 6 months of. I don't believe in therapy or anything, I just want to rest and start a project on my own to keep my brain sort of busy.

Just 2 days ago I rejected a friend to come to my place in a couple month, and I feel freaking bad about it, although it's kind of his fault since he was an ass last time and almost got us into fights and shit. No replies from him since then and I've been sleeping through the days and feeling like shit for 3 days straight...
>>
>>17486061
Well, here's the thing: I actually tried to major with CompSci (yes, I thought I was a wiz with computers, too), and I expected to just roll off with that. I only completed a semester with a C+. I also heard it was an oversaturated market to enter.

Aside from that, no. I fear that A. It will not pan out and it will leave me in the dust and B. It requires Algebra math (which I know now I'm not good at.).

I REALLY would love to learn a trade, as those are in sheer demand right now. To make a full-on business out of it? Intimidating. I also fear there's no free Trades to learn, because in my neck of the woods, they're all paid ventures. Half of the trade schools aren't even good here.

Still, I'm desperate for money and a new lease on life, so anything would do.
>>
>>17486071
>>17486061
Also, I don't know how to start, let alone run, an actual business.

If you have any tips and tricks, please send them my way.
>>
>>17486078
Just start making stuff for fun and put that shit out there with your name on it. Sooner or later someone will stumble on it and see your name and contact you. I did graphic design just for fun and posted my stuff online and people started contacting me because of it.
>>
>>17486106
Also Youtube is full of tutorials on how to do stuff.
>>
>>17486071
Yes, depending on where you are the Trades are hugely in demand because everyone got taught in highschool they had to go to college. Look for apprenticeships online (Indeed is good) or look for job training through your local college. Pretty much every trade is in high demand but if you're a math wiz I would suggest electrician. Of you can do what I did and enter the tree service as a climber and work your way to arborist.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.