[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine your wife/girlfriend is angry at you, but they have no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: bigsalad.jpg (223KB, 1200x890px) Image search: [Google]
bigsalad.jpg
223KB, 1200x890px
Imagine your wife/girlfriend is angry at you, but they have no good reason to be angry at you. Their feelings were hurt because of something you're not comfortable apologizing for.

What is the best way to diffuse this situation?

I've been responding to her happily, stifling the urge to blow up and tell her to snap out of it. But we're not getting anywhere.

I've been trying to change the subject and just move past it and have fun, but it hasn't been working.

I feel like speaking with her calmly, but firmly, could go either way. She could realize she's being silly and snap out of it, or it could compound the issue.

It's like diffusing a bomb. What would you do?
>>
>>17485950
Why is she mad?
>>
You're going to have to tell us what the actual situation is, not some vague allusion to "I'm right, she's wrong, I swear, trust me on this"
>>
>>17485958
>>17485961
Basically I'm asking for general advice in a situation where that is the case. Whether or not I am actually right is irrelevant, because I'm going to keep believing I'm right.

But for curiosity's sake:

>been together two years.
>gf has two male friends
>never worried
>tells me before we got together she slept with one of those friends
>"Why am I only hearing about this now?"
>"Are you mad?"
>"Not really, I'm just worried about whether or not I can trust you two together?"
>"Of course you can, obviously nothing has happened between us since then. Plus he's married now."
/next morning
>"About last night, you were right. Of course there's nothing to worry about, I guess I was just shocked hearing it for the first time."

Now she's angry/upset that I didn't immediately trust her. Really my feelings just got the better of me, hearing that for the first time. But she is right, dude would never cheat on his wife. There's nothing to worry about. I was mainly upset that I hadn't been told, but that quickly passed.
>>
>>17485981
+

I still think I'm right RE: my reaction. I think it was a fairly normal reaction to hearing something like that for the first time. I didn't get angry or anything.
>>
>>17485981
You could've responseded in a lot worse manner. I would just try not mentioning it and eventually it will pass on. I've lost girlfriends in this situationsituation because I brought it up and it just ended up in a break up fight
>>
>>17485981
>>17485987
Well, you're in the right.
I guess that the only way to deal with it is let her calm down for a bit and then have a serious talk.

In this case, explain to her that you trust her and you always showed her so, but at first you were a bit upset because she didn't tell you before, and you felt like she hid some information. Tell her that you think you both handled this poorly (you because you got upset and said you don't trust her, her because she hid information) and that you hope that it is sorted out.
>>
>>17486001
This. Just this!
You just have to wait until heads are cool and then talk about it if you still feel it warrants a talk.
>>
>>17485981
Sounds like your girlfriend is a sensitive entitled bitch.

I had a gf once who was like this. They'll do whatever they want and if you don't like it YOU'RE the asshole. Yet I'm sure she has no problems bossing you around, right?
>>
>>17485950
She didn't tell you she fucked the guy because she wanted to hide it from you. If she was completely trustworthy and respectful to the relationship she could have had an adult conversation with you. It's bullshit she wants to shift the blame to you when she is clearly at fault here and I bet she know it too. Doesn't mean she would fuck the guy again but I would bet his wife feels odd about their friendship as well. That is if she even knows.
>>
>>17485981
>let gf slept with one of her male friends
cuck
>>
>>17485950
What in fuck are people thinking. In another relationship and still friends with someone they fucked and hiding it from their partner, don't understand. I had a friend I fucked before but when I realized I was serious with another woman I told her and we together worked on what was comfortable for my gf. It's not hard if you have your priorities right. OP your gf's priority was to keep the friendship over any respect for how you might feel. You are not the number one male in her life, he is.
>>
>>17486117
This a million times

OP the only reason she gets mad at you is because she's trying divert the conversation from the main topic, which is her sleeping with some dude

Don't get cucked op
>>
>>17485981
>Plus he is married
Drop that bitch do hard the floor breaks.
>>
>>17485950

OK, do you want to be happy, or do you want to be right?

If you want to be happy, do the following:
>"I'm sorry I hurt your feelings"
>DO NOT TRY AND WIGGLE OUT WITH
>i'm sorry that your feelings were hurt
>i'm sorry that you chose to be angry
>just say "I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings"
>don't say another word until she speaks next
>give her a minute
>crisis over.
>it's that easy

If you want to be right, do the following
>quote /pol/,/r9k/, and maybe /b/
>let this escalate and be thrown in your face for the rest of your relationship
>"I was on the phone with bob, don't worry, I didn't fuck him"
>she will complain to friend that you are jealous of him

There is no shame in defusing a bomb. Apologizing for her fee-fee's being slighted takes 2 minutes, and life goes on.

Don't lose the war over a single battle.
>>
>>17485950
Whether you intended to do it, or even whether you did do it, her hurt feelings are a fact. You can regret having been the occasion for her unhappiness without declaring yourself maliciously guilty.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.