[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long time no see, /adv/. My current situation: >Have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: F03260001ABJ1997-2.jpg (262KB, 735x735px) Image search: [Google]
F03260001ABJ1997-2.jpg
262KB, 735x735px
Long time no see, /adv/. My current situation:

>Have been a Sommelier in fine dinning for the last six years.
>the past three years I was the Wine Director for a famous Michelin Star California Bay Area restaurant. My wine list had received awards from Wine Spectator magazine and I was written about in other wine industry magazines.
>My fiance has been wanting me to transition to a job more in line with her schedule (9 to 5 M thru F) for years.
>begin a new job as National Sales Director for an up and coming winery in California, managing sales from our distributors across the united states.
>I hate my job. There is no creative outlet, I am aggressively chasing sales from accounts across the US, and leveraging longstanding relationships with friends in the industry to secure sales. This job does not fit my personality at all, and I am becoming depressed. Also my sales figures are shit right now and that makes the owner/winemaker very unhappy and things are tense.
>this is an industry where your reputation is very fragile. I can't just walk away from this job, but I also hate it and I want to be a sommelier again badly.

I don't know what advise I am even looking for. I just want to vent. I am in a shit sandwich and I don't know what to do. I hate my job, but my fiance likes me having the same work schedule as her, and I don't want to hurt my status in the industry by leaving this new job when I only just started.

Pic not related. It is my favorite wine from a winemaker that I admire.
>>
>>17485073

This is the person you're planing to commit to and spend the rest of your life with.

If you can't talk to her about the exact shit you just told you, you should really reassess your relationship.

Even if it bums her out, she SHOULD understand and be willing to sympathize with you and your dreams.

Talk to your fiance, tell her how you're feeling, discuss what you should do with her.

Then try decide what you want to do, a compromise of both your wants if you can.

Finally, talk to your boss. If you're doing as badly as you say you are, it behooves them to hear you out, and if you say that the unfortunate truth is that you know that neither of you are currently satisfied with your current arrangement and your progress and that you're more than willing to brainstorm to seeif they've got any ideas for how to make things better or else are willing to stick it out if or until they want to find a replacement, no hard feelings, they'll more than likely agree and you can at least part on amicable terms.

A willingness to call yourself on your own bullshit, the ability ask for help if necessary, and the self-awareness to gracefully step aside if needed, are all traits that are VASTLY much more appreciated by business owners compared to individuals who clam up, become passive, and quietly let the ship go down with them.
>>
File: index.jpg (7KB, 174x204px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 174x204px
>>17485139
That is great advice. Thank you, anon.
>>
Man I wish I could drink alcohol all day and write up lists of my favorite beverages and be a """"'sommelier""""
>>
>>17485162
Way more complicated then that, sir. But your envy is not unfounded. It is an awesome job if you can tough out the hours, work load, and study requirements.
>>
>>17485161
No problem. The reason why you have a partner is to share things, both good at bad, just reminding you of what you already know :).

P.S.

By chance, any good brunello di montalcino producers you can recommend that won't break the bank?
>>
File: sharpshooters21.jpg (70KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
sharpshooters21.jpg
70KB, 500x355px
>>17485203
Sorry for seeing this so late, kind Anon. Hopefully you are still around.

Brunello is an expensive beast, but I find that entry level from Argiano as well as Casanova di Niri can be reasonable (can find in between 40 to 60).

Otherwise, Chianti Classico is having a great renaissance in quality these days and prices are practically stagnate since Chianti has fallen a bit out of fashion.

Also, not produced from sangiovese, but if you want to venture off the beaten path Etna Rosso in Sicily is a region that is producing some banging wines that are still quite reasonable.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.