[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help >25 years old >Been a loser my entire life >Start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hwite.png (457KB, 729x539px) Image search: [Google]
hwite.png
457KB, 729x539px
Help

>25 years old
>Been a loser my entire life
>Start studying physics and math on the side
>Actually like it
>Want to pursue a degree in Physics at the university
>Google possible careers with the degree
>Seems pretty cool
>Talk to all my friends and family about it
>"You will never get a job you need to go into Engineering."
>Feel like I'm losing momentum in doing something that'll benefit me
>Have cognitive dissonance.

Help.
>>
>>17485055
Do engineering. Mech.or civil have plenty of physics in them.
>>
Something like Mechanical Engineering is literally just maths and physics. Look into it.
>>
Lots of engineers at my company so I can't really agree to that statement. Its not remotely similar to my field so I can't comment further.
>>
>>17485055
Follow your dream. Screw everyone who says otherwise, including on this thread.
>>
>>17485678
Terrible fucking advice

Do what your family says. Make tons of money and spend that money doing shit you ACTUALLY want to do.
>>
>>17485055
>no jobs in physics
Never got this meme, most of my friends who went to physics are pretty well off.
Im not a m e r i c a n though so idk how it is in burgerville
>>
>>17485055
Dude, just do what you love and fuck what everyone else sais. Everyone thought I was mad when I wanted to go to music school. And I ended up getting an alright job. Teaching upperclass snobby kids the saxophone and piano. I loved college, and even my job. Good luck m80
>>
>>17485055

What type of Physics you want to do? I'm an engineering student who is currently doing a research project in the School of Physics at my uni. There seems to be quite a bit of overlap unless your doing quantum or astrophysics.
>>
Thats so shitty Anon, im sorry your senpai said that to you, I know the feel. I got teased so much as a kid and growing up for my "weird and creepy" interest in pathology, took me many wasted years and credits to realize i should just fuck it and do what i've always loved.

Anyway. Do what makes you happy. Having a job that you actually enjoy is pretty much the best you can do these days.
>>
Ugh
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.