[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad refuses to stop mowing the lawn every two weeks in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: garfeel.jpg (142KB, 288x527px) Image search: [Google]
garfeel.jpg
142KB, 288x527px
My dad refuses to stop mowing the lawn every two weeks in the summer. He's 80 and it could literally kill him. He collapsed from heat exhaustion last time.

He refuses to accept a better mower. When I offered to get him one, he got pissed and yelled at me for being "lazy."

I don't want him to kill himself. He's unreasonable as always, but I love him.
>>
>>17484945
My great-great grandfather was around the same age and he died of a heart attack shoveling the snow in his yard.

He needs to stop. Maybe he needs in-house assistance
>>
Jesus fuck lad, he is 80, he is supposed to die at that age and you want to take away one of the few things he enjoys in life? Fuck you, worst son ever.
>>
>>17484945
why don't you offer to mow half and he the other half
>>
>>17484969
He still knocks himself out, even with my help.
>>
>>17484962
This idiotic post actually has a kernel of truth in it. Why does your father insist on doing it himself? Have you asked him? Does he really enjoy it?
I mean, if it's dangerous for him, yes, you should try and stop it, but if you understand why he wants to do it himself, this will inform your decision.
>>
>itt
>anons father tired with young age wants to commit "peaceful suicide" while doing work so that noone will actually have to deal with his suicide
>anon tries to mess with his elderly fathers last wish
>>
>>17485000
Heat stroke is not a peaceful death
>>
>>17484992
He just takes a lot of pride in the lawn.
>>
>>17484945
Beat him to it. Get out there the day before he's planning to mow and mow it for him.
>>
He probably wants to be useful since he's at that age when he feels like more of a burden by not doing something around the house. Try to give him advice on other activities that are less strenuous but are still just as important. Also, tell him what hobbies he likes so he can relax more, and have a conversation about why he keeps on mowing the lawn even though it's dangerous for him. And don't attack him about his age cause that's going to piss him off even more and be rebellious.
>>
>>17484945

>be 80
>by this point have likely come to terms with my own mortality
>mowed the lawn my whole life
>its theraputic, plus I take pride in my lawn
>faggot son bitches me out about it like I'm not taking a major risk doing literally fucking anything

Let him do his shit you gay cunt
>>
Well it's seems your dad is set on mowing the lawn. So possible try and accommodate that. Give him an umbrella or mount a fan to his mower. You've probably already tried stuff like this in sure, I just think there's a more elegant solution than to either leave him to kill himself or rip something he deeply enjoys away from him.
>>
>>17484962
>>17485834
This.
>>
>>17484945
Sounds to me like the only thing worth living for in your dad's life is his precious lawn.
>>
>>17484945
If he refuses to buy himself better mower, is there any way that you and a few family members put together money for Xmas or his bday to get him a sit down/better mower? Or would he refuse the gift?
If he won't allow you to mow it, would you be able to visit once every two weeks to look after him while he mows? You could bring him cold water or lemonade and have a nice chat in the sun while also watching over him, might be some lovely bonding time. Though, considering how you've spoke about him, you two seem very close and you come across very understanding of him wanting space so I'm not sure what's the best option.
>>
>>17486260
Shoot... just saw that you had already offered to buy him one. Still, would he take it to offense to recieve one as a gift for a legit holiday?
My Dad always says he doesn't want or need anything, but when I surprise him with something I know he truly needs he doesn't turn me down.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.