[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay for me to drop out of university for mental health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: dddddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg (621KB, 2448x1632px) Image search: [Google]
dddddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg
621KB, 2448x1632px
Is it okay for me to drop out of university for mental health reasons?

I have recently been told I have Asperger's syndrome, and I also deal with a lot of depression and anxiety.
>>
>>17484765
what year?
>>
if you can finish it do it,, drop out if your forced to aka fail
>>
>>17484765
ok lots more details needed.
"I have recently been told" by a professional mental health worker or by your idiot friend who's taking 1st-year psych?

Are you getting treated for your depression & anxiety?

Why do you want to drop out?
>>
>>17484765
Yes. It took me three semesters away to realize that it's alright to take the time to get your head in order. The stress of trying to ready myself and failing sucked. Get therapy, get meds. Go back when you're ready. There's no point in bashing your head against a wall.
>>
Take a leave of absence and come back when you think you have your shit together. One thing I'll say is get a job or volunteer somewhere in the meantime because you don't want to fall into the neet trap. It's good for your mental health to have a routine that involves actually accomplishing something, and depression/anxiety can fuck with your ability to maintain such a routine.
>>
File: selfie.jpg (18KB, 640x614px) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
18KB, 640x614px
Great, it sounds like you finally found a label to excuse your giving up and quitting like a bitch!

You think you're the first person not of perfectly sound mind or body to be in college? No, you're not, but most of them don't quit, bitch.

Good luck continuing to find excuses and running away from challenges. Prepare to suck at life, OP.
FWIW, buddy of mine finished his BS with terminal cancer. Fuck your problems, you little cunt.
>>
>>17484765
yes. I took a semester off and transferred schools after getting hit by a van and being clinically depressed. I was on anti depressants to get over the hump, got off them, and finished my degree. If you don't go back however, you might forever cement yourself with the guilt of giving up.
>>
>>17484765
depression and anxiety is just life bro, you don't need/want to be medicated for that. If anything, keep a journal, meditate and self help. If the self-help = self medicating i.e. weed/alcohol then you are doing it wrong. The Aspergers syndrome is all in your head lol. You are who you are, make your own standard.
>>
>>17484892
/thread
>>
>>17485220
yeah cause there's only one way to deal with things in life.
>>
>>17484892

And what has your buddy done since then? I'm seeking motivation because I graduated a year ago with a good degree but haven't done jack shit because I discovered I tore my arm and need surgery. Feels bad.
>>
>>17484892

Disregard this I suck cock.

It is absolutely OK to withdraw any health issue. I recommend you leave with the goal of figuring your shit out and then re-applying later on. You don't even need to return if you choose so. Nigga it's yo life get the best out of it.
>>
>>17484765
Asperger's is a social disability. It should have nothing to do with your performance in school.

Your first step should be your uni's counselling service. They are used to students being overwhelmed, and can help you see if you can function more successfully.

If you decide you can't, get a medical furlough or whatever it's called in your school, so you can come back when you feel better without having to re-apply.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.