[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know what painkillers to take when doctors refuse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: he ponders.jpg (221KB, 1300x1377px) Image search: [Google]
he ponders.jpg
221KB, 1300x1377px
Does anyone know what painkillers to take when doctors refuse to give you opiates, even though they're the only things that have really worked for your pain? I'm recovering from rocky mountain spotted fever and it's a bitch
>>
>>17484456
Tylenol and Ibuprofen you fucking pussy
>>
>>17484456
Black tar heroin.
>>
>>17484456
You could try moderate doses of DPH/benadryl, it gives you wicked dry mouth but it'll kill the pain...there's also the spiders but that's no biggie.
>>
>>17484698
OP I would not suggest you do this because a.) DPH abuse makes you trip hard and not in a fun way and b.) the dosages that would have that effect are pretty close to the ones that would poison you

If you want to get opiates you need to tell your doctor that you've been taking high doses of ibuprofen (mention some crazy amount like half a bottle a day, but use milligrams), but that it's not always effective and that you're concerned about the safety of taking that much. NEVER ask for drugs by name, just frame it as "the pain isn't responding to the medication and I'm taking a lot of it, are there other options?" Doctors have to walk a fine line between the DEA breathing down their neck for enabling junkies and not prescribing enough pain relief to patients who might sue them for it, so you have to let them lead themselves into choosing opioids for you.

Barring that, there's ibuprofen (Advil), acetaminophen (tylenol), or naproxen (Aleve). If you're desperate you could theoretically take doses of all three at the same time, but it can be hard on your stomach lining in particular.
>>
File: mermaid.jpg (96KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
mermaid.jpg
96KB, 605x605px
>>17484821
Damn, I wasn't expecting anyone to respond to this thread. Hence why I made the one with Cloud Strife. Anyway, I've done what you recommend, the aleve/advil/tylenol stack, (2-2-4) and it didn't do jack shit (neither did the stuff in the other thread; the lyrica, toradol, nor alka-seltzer, activated carbon, hot showers, kratom - never puked harder, and even wild lettuce picked from the front of the apartment building), so I narrowed it down to having 4 tylenol every 8 hours or so as a bare minimum, plus a shitton of weed and CBD oil. I got this down to a science. The only problem is that it doesn't work well enough. Guess I'll try the benadryl approach.
>>
>>17484696
>Black tar
HELLO, IS THIS THING ON?
>>
File: 1.jpg (24KB, 390x234px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
24KB, 390x234px
>>17485098
Yes, bro, it would work, but...
>>
>>17484456
What sort of faggot doctor are you going to? Mine has given me panadeine forte and valium like they're lollies for a mildly sore lower back.
>>
>>17485316
I'm in Kansas bro, all the doctors here are shit, what the hell is panadeine forte?
>>
>>17485343
Ah well I'm an ausfag. It's codeine. Good shit.
>>
Don't know if you're still here.

I take naproxen sodium, 500mg, for gallbladder pains. I was prescribed it (you can get the 220mg dose at the store) as an adjunct for Norco (hydrocodone). I find myself using it alone, without having to go to the Norco in most situations.
>>
>>17485394
Yeah I'm still here. I tried the naproxen, zero effect. I could try taking more but am leery.
>>
Hey, I tried the naproxen suggestion and had two pills of liquid aleve, but now my stomach hurts and the rest of me hurts and it didn't work. Please help I am desperate for something to work.
>>
>>17486409
You are taking antibiotics right?
>>
File: cluckin bell.jpg (265KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
cluckin bell.jpg
265KB, 1680x1050px
>>17486551
Yesterday was the last day of em.
>>
>>17486598
Shouldn't you be feeling better by now? What did the doc say in your checkup?

I'd go back, you might need another round of antibiotics. Then again I'm not a doctor so I could be wrong.
>>
>>17486675
I've had this for ten years before it got diagnosed, let alone treated, and that was only because I went to an infectious disease doctor and hinted heavily at tick borne disease. I had to manipulate them into giving me round 1 of doxycycline, and then the infectious disease doc gave me minocycline as round 2 and didn't believe me when I told her it made my breathing difficult and my heart pound for the first few days at night. Believe me when I tell you they just don't give a fuck out here.
>>
>>17486686
Ten years?! This really doesn't sound like rocky Mountain spotted fever. Especially since you had to convince the doctor of this diagnosis.

Once again I am not a doctor, but I can't imagine you having a serious fever and functioning without treatment for 10 years. That would either kill you, or you would have recovered from it on your own by this point.

Go to the fucking doctor and get a proper diagnosis. And don't feed them misinformation to get the diagnosis you think is correct.
>>
File: i wanna marry him.png (689KB, 871x674px) Image search: [Google]
i wanna marry him.png
689KB, 871x674px
>>17486926
Then tell me what else it could be, genius. Look, I had a full tick-borne disease testing panel done (sadly without the proper western blot for lyme, just the pre-screening for lyme) and the only positive titers came back for RMSF, and indicated the infection was inactive. I fucking laughed when I heard what it was because it seemed so unlikely to me, but then I remembered the strange fever in the middle of the summer ten years ago in california with photosensitivity, headache, chills, and muscle pains. First time in my life the fever just wouldn't go down. The camp nurse said it was flu. I haven't felt right since.
>>
Look, I'm not making this up. I've had pain in every part of my body and massive fatigue slowly creep up on me for ten years straight. Thankfully it's been slowwwly going back down since I've been on antibiotics, but I can't even fucking play my bass guitar anymore because I'm in too much pain so I'm stuck browsing 4chan all day. Walking around the block is a monumental achievement. I can't sleep until 5 in the morning if I'm lucky, and eating food is just not very appealing. So if you think I have something that isn't the long-term recovery from rocky mountain spotted fever, please, tell me. Any news is good news. I'm desperate.
>>
>>17487277
I'm a bit lost, have you been in this excruciating pain for the past 10 years? Or has it just gradually gotten worse? Or suddenly worse?

That is just for my own curiosity. Regardless, you should see the doctor again and tell them everything you have been saying here. That or see a different doc.
>>
>>17487424
Well at first I thought it was depression, but then at college I was working my ass off and I guess the stress set it off. I've been getting steadily sicker ever since. Fatigue, pain all over, depression etc. When on antibiotics, the pain really went over the top and I had to visit the ER a few times. This was in the past 2 months or so.
>>
>>17487449
What did the doc say when you told them that the antibiotics made it worse?
>>
>>17487483
They said that it was a side effect of the antibiotics. Personally I'm inclined to think it was a Herxheimer reaction given the severity of the pain/other symptoms (my heart was pounding, I had difficulty breathing) and the fact that it decreased over the course of the treatment.
>>
Kratom
>>
>>17487523
Thank you for telling me. However I've already tried it and never puked harder in my life. My stomach hurt and I felt like I was poisoned. Weird stuff.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.