[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm kinda fucked in the head and I want to go to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Psychologist-Salary.jpg (157KB, 1732x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Psychologist-Salary.jpg
157KB, 1732x1155px
I think I'm kinda fucked in the head and I want to go to a psychologist. However it would be awkward to tell this to my parents, and I can't make an appointment myself because I have no idea how the insurance stuff works or any money. Plus, I don't have a car so I wouldn't be able to go even if I did make an appointment.

The thing is, I just can't bring myself to tell my parents. Our relationship is really awkward and I'm sure they'd say I'm stupid for thinking I need help. They'd probably be right but I'm a fucking useless piece of shit so I can't do anything on my own; I just want someone to hold my hand through everything.

What do? You'll say I just need to tell them but I fucking can't, I've tried and I always just say something different last second and pretend it's not important.
>>
>>17484313
why would it be awkward to tell your parents?

what is your problem exactly
>>
>>17484316

Just say it and sound retarded when saying it and be okay with that. "I need to see a psychologist because my brain is fucked." Suddenly a huge weight is off your chest.
>>
>>17484326

Meant to respond to OP obviously.
>>
>>17484316
I don't know, it just is. As I said, I'm fucked in the head, and this is one of the results of that. I always lie to my parents about everything, even totally not important stuff. The 'me' they know is totally different from who I really am.

>>17484326
I don't know how to be okay with it. That feels like I'm admitting that I'm stupid/broken/human/whatever you want to call it, but I'm supposed to be perfect at everything as far as my parents know. I know it would be a relief but I can't bring myself to do it for some reason, it feels like invalidating my existence.
>>
>>17484313
Are you currently in school? Maybe you can ask to see a guidance counselor about your issues first if you don't feel comfortable in telling your parents. There are also places that offer free services although that may be hard because of travel. Try your school first.
>>
>>17484344
No, I've been a NEET for 2 years since finishing high school.

I'm not sure where to find a free psychologist, do those even exist? It might be hard because of travel but I could probably walk 2-3 miles or so, though it's a pain in 110 degree heat. Any place I could search for free doctors?
>>
Banpu desu
>>
Going to sleep now, hopefully thread isn't archived before I wake up.
>>
Suck it up and tell your parents you'd like to talk to somebody.
They'll worry, sure, but they're parents. That's what they do.

If they wanna do their job properly, they'll help you in whatever way that they can. You gotta level with them if you feel you really need help.
>>
>>17485543
I just can't do that man. Whenever I try the words I wanted to say just don't come out, and I say something else. How do I force myself to say it?
>>
>>17484341
OP its not because ur fucked in the head its because u dont trust your parents or like them and not comfortable telling them shit.
trust me iv been there
>>
>>17486867
I don't trust my parents and am not comfortable around them, yes... but I'm pretty sure a normal person would still be able to tell them. Either way, I don't have any goals in life, don't have motivation for anything, am depressed, and have mild anxiety, so I think I need to see a psych.
>>
op you shouldnt be ashamed of your mental health issues, whats the worst thatll happen by telling your parents compared to the worst thatll come out of doing nothing about your issues??

it'll be awkward but its a simple way out of something you'll be stuck with otherwise. it'll only get worse the longer you wait, most likely.
>>
>>17487040
Well that's how I deal with all my problems, I just do nothing about them and hope they go away. I delegate everything away to the 'future me' because I don't want to deal with it now.

If I kill myself in the future because I didn't get help now, well, who cares, it's the future me's problem, not mine.
>>
>>17484313

Just fucking tell them OP...same boat when I was in HS, but I sacked up and did it. 6 years later I still see the same therapist, but only during rough patches of anxiety or depression.

Right now I'm currently going through a shit cycle so I see him once a week. In fact I'm in the lobby waiting right now. It becomes the thing I look forward to most in times like these, especially if you find one that is able to get a good read on you.
>>
>>17484313
There is nothing wrong about seeking for help, it's in fact a very mature move. Telling your parents will increase the trust and respect they have in you.

If you think it will not, it's a bit sad imo case and you should go to the shrink of your school/university and talk about your situation at home, and do not forget to mention any abuse or humiliation. They are not allowed to talk about it, unless there is a serious danger.
>>
>>17484313
bump
>>
>>17487797
Ugh, I don't care enough about myself to have the motivation to exercise the willpower I don't have to tell them. It's stupid I mean how hard is it to just tell them? But I can't. Fuck this shit.

>>17487838
Yeah, maybe you're right. But even if I consciously know it's a mature thing to do and the right decision, this doesn't help me to get rid of the fear and anxiety that stops me from telling. And again, I'm not enrolled in any kind of educational facility currently so that isn't an option.

>>17488077
Thanks random stranger
>>
>>17484354
Where do you live that doesn't have a taxi or public bus? Do you not have a bicycle?
>>
>>17488137
There are buses around here (though they don't cover a lot of area) but I literally have no money to my name to use them. I could steal some from my parents but I'm too paranoid they'd notice.

I don't have a bicycle.
>>
Does your name start with Z?
>>
>>17488416
Yes lol WTF. I'm pretty sure you don't know me though.
>>
>>17486791
Different poster but just say what exactly he said, say that that you'd just like to talk to someone, for advice or just to blow off steam. You nerd someone objective like a psychologist or psychiatrist, not your parents.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.