[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a lazy, pampered kid who has had it easy his whole life and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1446928135825.png (66KB, 426x389px) Image search: [Google]
1446928135825.png
66KB, 426x389px
As a lazy, pampered kid who has had it easy his whole life and has never had to work, how can I shock myself into becoming a hardworking adult?

I am 22 soon and its time I got my shit together and stopped playing video games.

TLDR HOW NOT BE LAZY
>>
Just be lazy and do what your parents tell you to do. But work on yourself. It's all self motivation which is hard in itself.

I still live at home with my family and I'm ok with it. I'm just working at school and trying to help them and myself. That's if.
>>
File: 1430253728702.jpg (7KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
1430253728702.jpg
7KB, 300x57px
>>17483876
>mentally 12
>>
>>17483892
are you saying you couldn't offer valuable advice to even a young kid?
>>
>>17483876

these arent thigns that are simply programmed in to us. most people do things out of will. everyone has will, you just have to actually use it.

to insist you dont have the willpower is simply saying 'nah i dont wanna do that'.
>>
Stop thinking of the sentence "you only live once" as a trite cliche, and really think about the meaning. Dissect those words, hard. That's how I did it.
>>
>>17483876
set yourself up with deadlines, hold yourself accountable, have people hold you accountable for what you do.

and when you fail, be able to pick yourself up and move on. have the drive to keep on going. no one can decide that you wont be lazy, YOU have to

and realize that you dont deserve anything, you have to earn it
>>
I was lazy and pampered.
Here's how you do it.
Move to a city you know fuck all about with very little money.
Lose your parents numbers and all means of support.
That'll shock you pretty damn fast.

You'll be a major fuck up for a year or two, but you'll get work ethic fast enough.

It's much easier just to ride on your parents coattails however.
>>
>>17484426
>>17483876
Telling the lazy and pampered to stop being lazy and pampered
This thread could be one wrong post from becoming a robot rage thread.
>>
>>17484438
the guy literally asked how to stop being lazy and pampered
>>
>>17484426
this. No motivation like starvation

is that what you truly want tho?
>>
I got kicked out of my house at like 17 and it worked for me.

Just move out. Remove your safety net. Then you either succeed, or die.
>>
Run off and live three weeks on your own. You'll get shocked straight into it
>>
>>17484906
This. Its like survival of the fittest I like it.
>>
>>17483897
I am not a medical professional familiar with autism treatment. So no.
>>
>>17483876
Nothing wrong with video games, just get your work done first.

Good advice on this thread anon, you need to shock yourself. Good on you for recognizing that you need to do this. What worked for me was coffee and physical labor. Starting out on your own is the most unpleasant part of your life, but the hell doesn't last long if you throw yourself into it. Rip it like a bandaid. Phil from Better off Ted has a line I like to live by when I have to force myself to do something awful:

"It becomes normal if you do it long enough, everything does."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.