[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autist here. I don't like being touched. Apparently, being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1471219419670.gif (2MB, 292x351px) Image search: [Google]
1471219419670.gif
2MB, 292x351px
Autist here. I don't like being touched. Apparently, being willing to shake hands just isn't enough in a society of faggots rubbing up against me because they think it's funny, coworkers patting me on the back, and "friends" giving me hugs because they know it makes me uncomfortable. How do I learn to handle this better before keeping my anger pent up just sends me on a murderous rampage?
>>
Hug them first so you're in control of the situation. I heard autists like control and it makes them feel comfortable. Nobody is going to hug you immediately after you hug them
>>
>>17483602
stop showering
>>
>>17483602
Where the fuck do you life? Faggotville? Use body language OP make them feel uncomfortable when you step back from them trying to rub up.
>>
OP idk if you're still here but...

Fellow autist here. I have this issue as well. What works for me is, I reciprocate but only very briefly. Then I kind of smile and say something like "Thank you, sorry, I'm not a very touchy feely kind of person, I hope you don't think I'm rude if I don't seem to be into hugs/backpats/whatever." I don't go into the whole autism thing, I just keep it simple like that. That lets them know what the score is, but also lets them know that you don't mean anything personal by not reciprocating or being appreciative of their touch. They mainly just want to be reassured that you don't hate them.

The other thing that helps is just gradually getting yourself used to the fact that no matter what you do, you're going to be touched a little more than you like, and it's uncomfortable, but that's okay. You just get used to it. >>17483738 is correct that a lot of it comes down to control. Social shit like hugging and touching is just one of those things people do, and you're never going to escape it. For people you come into contact with regularly, letting them know that you're not a hugger is a good idea; for random people, you kind of have to just grin and bear it unless they're actually being creepy or going farther into your personal space than your average person would.

I mean at the end of the day, your personal space is yours, it's necessary to you, and you can set whatever boundaries you like. Just remember that if your boundaries are noticeably different from other people's, you have to be extra polite about asking for that boundary to be respected. People kind of have unconscious expectations of how much manners everybody is supposed to use, so if you do something weird, you just have to be a bit nicer about it and they'll just think you're nice but eccentric and leave you be.
>>
>>17483602

refuse. im like you anon, i dont like contact unless i feel really close and even then its few and far between. when people say 'WELL THATS TOO BAD CUZ IM A HUGGER TROLOLOLOLOL' i simply say 'too bad for you then'. if tehy try to hug me i simply hold up my hand.

if ur mad over a pat on the back, you can go fuck yourself though.

if they get mad cuz you wont hug them, then they're not very good friends or people and they can go fuck themselves for all i care. people act all offended cuz i dont conform to hugging standards but im not allowed to act offended by a hug.

so fuck em.
>>
>>17483602

>Be normal guy
>Work with a bunch of other normal people
>Theres this fucking weirdo we work with who has autistic hissy fits whenever someone gets close to him
>We all avoid him and talk about how weird he is behind his back because dealing with his inability to understand human connection is a headache
>>
>>17483742
Underrated advice. Works wonders for me; haven't had physical contact with a human being in almost 2 years.
>>
>>17483602
Tell someone you have PTSD and being touched triggers a panic attack. It'll get around and they'll stop bothering you.
>>
>>17483602
Who the fuck is this fluid droid?
>>
>>17484430
Kill yourself. Stop trying to be funny.
>>
>>17484628
Amanda Love.
>>
>>17484759
Well fuck, thanks anon, I think this is the best advice I've seen on here.
>>
Try to give yourself an erection every time they touch you
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.