[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering teaching english in russia after I graduate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1462656804311.jpg (136KB, 700x674px) Image search: [Google]
1462656804311.jpg
136KB, 700x674px
I'm considering teaching english in russia after I graduate from college this year. How well do I need to know Russian in order to be qualified to teach english as a second language there, I'm studying it now and I know the basic phrases.
>>
Of all the places you could teach English, why would you pick Russia?
>>
File: russianqts.webm (997KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
russianqts.webm
997KB, 1280x720px
>>17482169
I like the culture, I'm really fascinated by it and I think that I would do well over there. Plus, I have a thing for slavic women.
>>
>>17482163
Suppose you were trying to learn a foreign language. How well would you want your teacher to speak English?
>>
>>17482163
I don't know why you'd have to know even a little Russian. I studied Russian in Russia and we weren't allowed to speak English in the classroom. As the teacher, you could do the same thing; demand that all your students speak only English in class.
>>
>>17482163
I think it's same basic list for any language: orthography, phonetics, phonology, vocabulary, semantics, pragmatics and grammar. I think you don't need to know all of it well.
I can name 2 basic things that were confusing for me about English (and I think they are still).
1. In Russian people use 6 word cases (nominative, genetive, dative, accusative, instrumentative, prepositive) and they need to translate them to phrase in English.
2. Half of the actual time you will be explaning English tenses, some of them are not distinctive in Russian" they are written and spoken the same, and you can know with tense is that only be context.
Many people don't know even Russian well enough to use translation rules.
Anyway, even if you don't know Russian at all, I think i't absolutely possible to get a job If you know English realy good and can teach it English-speakers. As private tutor for people who know basic English and whant to learn - it will be great experience.

I don't know what career are you expecting from this job. I just looked at job offers for native-english teachers, and It's about 1000-1300USD per month (and it's good money now). If you will be renting 1-room apartment in Moscow - it's 420-600USD range. Maybe you'll get lucky and earn more.
I'm Ph.D in mechanics with 10 years experience and work as CNC-programmer/engineer, I earn 465USD/412EUR per month.
>>
>>17483015
1-room apartment price is 90.000USD
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.