[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys deal with the fact that you could get terminal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1456501400956.jpg (42KB, 600x476px)
1456501400956.jpg
42KB, 600x476px
How do you guys deal with the fact that you could get terminal brain cancer at any point? Or your loved ones could die any day, or you could develop MS or find out you have huntingtons? And the chances of these things happening are extremely high
>>
>>17482014
The chances are low you paranoid idiot.
>>
>>17482014
Cross that bridge when (and if) you get to it.
>>
Realize life is fleeting and appreciate what you have while you have it.
>>
By not being stupid and knowing that the chance I live a full and happy life is much greater
>>
>>17482014
When I hit 14 the concept of death really got to me. I'd lie awake at night and think about being dead, underground, and all the people I knew going away.

That persisted for what seemed like years, but I bet it was at most just one year.

Really it's just knowing that it will happen, not caring about it, and finding what can make you happy in life.

If it's a big issue currently, find hobbies and get your mind off of it until you forget about it. Which you will.
>>
>>17482014
I'm fine with it as long as either I die first or the other people don't suffer too much. I don't mind people dying but I can't stand to see suffering. It's awkward as fuck.

Marcus Aurelius' writings can give you a lot of insight towards dealing with uncertainty, suffering and the inevitability of death.
>>
>>17482593
This
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.