[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm being harassed and abused and I don't know how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I've written about this before here. In my life I'm the subject of derision and hostility by a wide variety of people.

I'm regarded as rude, anti social , weird etc ..This started when I was a teenager and any time I would speak I would be taunted no matter if said so over time I learned not to speak and disengage from other people completely. People can tell that I'm merely and very socially anxious (I have aspergers).

For example at a former workplace one of the worst employees who was later fired focused on me with religious zeal and made it his mission to micro manage me and report me constantly. Any time I would speak he visibly became angry.

An otherwise respectable senior staff member who handled payroll went out of her way to defraud me of money. At first I thought it was an accident but she went to extraordinary lengths to avoid me and not rectify it. It was only fixed because a staff member who I somehow built a rapport with went out of his way to help me.

(1/2)
>>
At 711 staff members there give me ditry looks - a remarkable feat considering the wide variety of human refuse that frequents it.

One night I came to get wedges and chicken and it was only me and one other staff member there. She made up an excuse as to why I couldn't buy any of the hot food and then proceeded to allow the next guy to come in to buy from it. Every time I would make eye contact with this woman she would shower me with utter hatred.

I went to order a $5.00 pizza at Dominos and the man at the till gave me a strange nervous look and excused himself and then another guy manned the till who didn't look up at me but told me that there was no 5 dollar deal and charged me eight ,(someone I know went in and bought that same pizza for 5 dollars right after and showed me the receipt).

WhIle waiting for the pizza I felt this unbelievable hostility in the air. The man who called my name to pick it up was one who delivered me pizza once -when he tried sincerely to engage with me I just looked past him and said something generic to end the interaction because I don't know how to socialize. He looked at me frozen like a dear in the headlights until a girl near him took it from his hands and handed it to me. Even ordering pizzas somehow results in me being scammed and abused.

2/2

2/2
>>
A life time of being bullied and abused when I would engage with people sincerely resulted in me withdrawing and attempting to minimize human contact as much as possible, but instead of making people less hostile they've become more hostile than ever to the point where people go out of their way to commit white collar crimes to spite me because they know I'm meek and passive.

I'm trying to get by with the bare minimum of human contact and only talking to people through a canned script of socially acceptable responses so that I can never reveal anything about myself (to avoid abuse ) but this results in people taking adavantage of me and openly hating me to a ridiculous extent.

At work I only spoke about work related things and avoided coworkers completely before and after work and went to be by myself during breaks so I wouldn't bother them .

When I would be walking somewhere I would keep a good distance away from them to avoid bothering them by entering their personal spaces, when waiting for the bus after work I would sit 50 m away at a picnic table.

Whenever I've been around people it's resulted in ostracism and bullying so when I give people their space and disengage they openly taunt me , steal from me and hate me outrighto viewing me as strange, suspicious and aloof.

What do I do? Even participating in society at a bare minimum they attack me.
>>
>>17481927
>>17481935
>>17481966
You must have some sort of horrible luck or something OP. Most of the time people just prefer to do their own thing. Do you smell bad or dress in really ragged clothes? I am wondering if they have a reason to believe you are homeless or something. Very strange.
>>
>>17481977
I'm pretty disheveled looking. Would dressing better help?

At first people are okay and treat me okay and then they become hostile and then EXTREMELY hostile.
>>
>>17482016
I mean people treating me that way isn't the default response.
>>
>>17481966
You are just paranoid as fuck mate
>>
>>17481927
I remember you. Nothing improved, right?
I don't think you have many options...
>>
>>17482016
Dressing better can never hurt man. I notice I do get more warm reactions when I dress better. Just makes you look more respectable.
>>
>>17482020
It's not in my head unfortunately. In every setting I end up in people become agro.

I went to visit my aunt who I had never met before with my father and we stayed there for some time. I stayed in my little room most of the time, slept in and browsed the Internet and didn't talk much. One day she flips out at me and starts yelling because I went into the laundry room and took some of my clothes and messed up the order or some thing perry like that. It was immediately clear that was an excuse, a proxy for her foaming hatred of me that had been brewing under the surface the entire time.

I understood this so I saw no reason in engaging her so I just looked down and sad nothing until she stopped yelling.

This is how people treat me. All kinds of people.
>>
>>17482059
When I cut my hair and dress nornally, and make an effort people respond to me normally but I can't maintain a consistent persona die ti seoression or my mental state detiorates and I begin to bug out.
>>
What do you look like OP, can we see a pic of your face and your clothes
>>
Some people just draw this kind of shit into their lives. I'm not sure if this can be overcome. How do you have friends if everyone hates you and abuses you tho?
>>
>>17482079
>It's not in my head unfortunately. In every setting I end up in people become agro.

It is. It is statistically impossible for this to happen to you. Ergo, it's not happening, and it is simply your perception that it is.

Occam's razor my friend.
>>
Stop being a faggot then
>>
Get some nice clothes, take care of yourself and your hygiene, and do all of this for yourself to pad your confidence even a little. If you look good you'll feel better and feel less self conscious in public. Make friends online, find communities you can get into and get to know people. It's great to have people who will support you emotionally even just a tiny bit over trivial things, regardless of distance. Get a job and save up some cash so you can have a sense of independence, you don't want to have to rely on any of these people. And finally, fucking move. If what you're saying is true then you must live in some absolute shithole. Even if you're exaggerating it this is still a bad situation. I've been friends with people who have aspergers and trust me, I know how impatient some people can be with you, it's terrible. It's like seeing an American tourist in a foreign country just yelling English at someone in France and getting increasingly mad and condescending when people don't understand him (also seen this happen), with you being the frenchman. There's nothing for you there if everyone is a cunt, find a socially progressive city that would be kinder to mild autists and has the best concentration of internet friends and just go there. You need a change of scenery and once you're away from all the negativity you'll find your confidence blooming. Take that new wardrobe and let yourself feel like a new person. Once you feel more confident you'll be more able to speak up and learn how to communicate better, and if you made some internet friends you should have a baseline of skill with meeting new people.
>>
So you've already built a really unhealthy pattern that feeds on itself OP,
it's hard to assess without observing your behavior whether that hostility is real of projected or in response to some other aspect of your behavior.

general things: - if you look dirty and unkept, people may be interpret that as an exterior sign of laziness and apathy

If you're extremely avoidant people may be perceiving you as rude and unresponsive/unaware of social norms.

By creating a narrative as a victim and playing a submissive victim role it places other people in an uncomfortable situation.

The people around you may be responding to that because there's really not a socially appropriate way to confront someone and explain that's not an okay way to act in public.

Your boss may have been affronted by the way you approached her, there's a right time/context/frequency to bring up such issues in the work place.

Hostility is also reflexive, if you perceive hostility, you're going to project that and people maybe confused as to why they are interpreting their behavior that way. Alot of the time the best response is to actually to do the opposite, not react and be overwhelmingly polite.

I donno OP, you sound like you're messed up and whatever you're doing is not working, and perpetuating a self defeating narrative.

you should try something else,
and get counseling, and learn more about social norms.
>>
It is clearly something something about your behaviour.

I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself and analyze the way you interact with others, because there is no way so many people are so hateful towards you for no reason.

You could also ask someone what's wrong with you, if all else fails.

Either that or you're way too paranoid.
>>
>>17481927
>>17481935
>>17481966
Sounds very much like childhood/undeveloped aspergers. How old are you?

The only treatment is routine social interaction. Keep socializing until you get better at it. I have a couple of aspergerian friends and they were both extremely antisocial and unemotional/unresponsive when they were kids. It wasn't until they forced themselves to socialize routinely that they developed better skills.

This is true for anyone, it's just more pronounced in you autists.

Overthinking/overanalysis and paranoia are also probably a part of it, but you wont get anywhere without learning and practicing social skills.
>>
>>17481935
Dude you're scitzophrenic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.