[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be a loser >start improving my life (go to gym, take up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 1465939506075.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1465939506075.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>be a loser
>start improving my life (go to gym, take up hobbies, advance in my job)
>only friend smokes weed, plays pokemon, and has no interest in bettering himself

In short, he acts like a child and has no plans to better himself. I need to move on if I want positive influence in my life.

Any ever "dump" a friend and how did that go?
>>
Drift apart. When he asks you to hang out say you cant. When he texts don't immediately/don't reply. Its being a dick but if that's what you want then oh well
>>
You legitimately sound like a chick.
>>
>>17481224
How so?
>>
>>17481211
Do what most pussies of this generation never woud - be a fucking man and tell him the truth.

Do >>17481218 if you're a fag.
>>
>>17481259
>It's another "the older generations were tougher" post

Wew lad. Do you seriously think they were any different? Where's your evidence?
>>
you sound like a terrible person. Let him be and move on. Eventually you will realize you are the same person everyone else is, you basically deluded yourself into thinking you were superior.
>>
>>17481274
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

Remember that time we took that bunker in Danang? Oh right, you're just silverspooning motherfucker that gets anxious when the internet goes out
>>
>>17481211

Don't hang out with him for a bit. When he asks, say you're not really feeling weed or [hobby].

If he bitches tell him you don't really feel like doing that kind of stuff anymore, then ask him if he wants in on whatever dumb gay shit you've moved on to. If he says no, then say ok.

That way you've laid some groundworks for a future dumping if it keeps being an issue, as well as giving him a chance to realize that if he wants to keep being friends with you he's gotta put in some effort.

That said, you sound like a judgemental faggot.
>>
>>17481380
>That said, you sound like a judgemental faggot.

How so? This is stuff he did in high school and middle school. Everyone else is moving with life. I'm trying to move on from my past and improve myself
>>
>>17481389

That's exactly what judgmental faggots do. They look down on others because they don't meet whatever morally superior standards they've decided for themselves.

Who gives a shit what he does? Are you afraid he might ruin your "image"?
>>
>>17481396
Sounds like you are "that friend" or you would be if you had any... I'm guessing all your old hs/college bros left when they realized you were a degenerate piece of shit
>>
>>17481396
I don't care what he does with his life. I just want to move on because his goals are not aligning with my goals
>>
>>17481211
How about you lift him up with you?
>>
I'm guessing OP touched a nerve when he said he thinks Pokemon and Weed is childish.

Guess what manchildren? It is.
>>
>>17481397

Nice projection m8 ;)

>>17481398

Tell him that, then. That is literally a perfect, non-douchebag way to let him know you don't think you should be friends anymore.
>>
>>17481403
I've tried. He's said he wants to start working out but never gets around to it no matter how I encourage him or invite him
>>
>>17481415
Try harder. Why are you friends with him anyway?
>>
>>17481412
as someone reading this conversation from an outside perspective ,you seem to be getting really defensive m80
>>
This thread is what's wrong with everyone.

Also, can someone explain the "childish" thing to me? What makes something mature?
>>
>>17481530
>doesn't understand that Pokemon is childish
This is a clear symptom of autism, not understanding societal tropes.
>>
I'm a bit confused by why it's a problem. I mean when you're kids you might have that one best friend who you go out with a lot and just walk around with. But adults don't do that (unless it's their partner), they hang out with a lot of different people from a bunch of social circles throughout the year.
>>
>>17481560
>Never explains self, just refutes previous blathering
Looking suspiciously like a troll, my bruh. Never said I didn't understand how Pokemon specifically is childish, I said the terminology. Do you say so because mostly children like it; maybe because it was designed for children? Because they rehash is every year?

Also, by "childish", you mean anything people under 21 do, or people before high school? What constitutes a "child"? Is having casual sex considered childish, since kids are starting to do it now as well; not just young teenagers? What about smoking cigarettes? Drinking alcohol?
>>
>>17481584
Lol damn nigga you got heated over cartoons baka
>>
>>17481584
That whole post just reeks of autism
>>
>>17481593
Heated?

>>17481598
You're not even a fun troll. You could at least play along.
>>
File: 1465437537355.gif (2MB, 320x189px) Image search: [Google]
1465437537355.gif
2MB, 320x189px
>>17481211

First off, you were exactly he was not that long ago so before you start galloping the day away on your high horse just remember that you both are cut from the same autistic cloth.

Secondly, I have tons of friends that are, for all intents and purposes, kind of losers but they serve a purpose. Whenever I feel like smoking weed and playing mario kart they're there and when we're done hanging out I go about my day and they go to work washing dishes or whatever.

I'm honestly kind of curious why you are so invested in this guy doing things to change his life if he isn't interested in changing. What if he doesn't want to better himself? I'm not sure how his decision to smoke weed and play Pokemon affects you at all unless you just don't share the same hobbies anymore, in which case you just kind of drift away.

If your only issue with him is that he's not a weight pumping hobbyist with a gold star sticker from his work like you than I'm a bit confused. If thats the case than I think you're taking this new life of yours a little too seriously and should slow your roll with the judgement before you go full chad and start turning your nose down at everyone who reminds you of your old self. If you just don't connect with him anymore than this is kind of a non issue.

People change and move on. If you're really as busy and motivated as you say you are than I'm not sure what the issue is here.
>>
>>17481211

This >>17481619
Let the man do what he wants to. The best you can do is ask him if he wants to come to the gym or whatever "better" hobbies you do. If not, oh well, let him smoke or play pokemon. You're starting to sound like the newly formed Chad who started coming up in High school after he changed a little and shuns his older friends for being themselves instead of what he wants them to be. Actually that's exactly what you're acting like. He's better off without a shit friend like you. You may think dropping him is for the sake of "betterment" but you're just acting like a prick. But by all means, drop him, if it makes you ""BETTER"" then kick him to the curb.
>>
>>17481211
>I started lifting weights and took up "hobbies" because the internet told me this makes me a better person
>I think I'm better than everyone else now

Anyways if he's a good friend I don't see why you would block him out, but do what you want.
>>
>all this asspain over pokemon

You guys need to grow up
>>
Yes. You'll need to change locations and make new friends, but if you actually improved yourself or outgoing, it'll work.
>>
>>17481619
This guy is 100% right, who gives a fuck what he does. You're not his mom or gf, encourage him to better himself if not then just be his friend quit being a middle school girl.
>>
>>17481560
>>17481530
pokemon in itself isn't childish

behaving like a lunatic hunting for imaginary creatures in walmart while your own kid tells you to put the fucking phone away while you tell him "I haven't caught this one before" is fucking childish as hell. I cannot believe the shit I saw when Pokemon Go first came out.
>>
>>17481829
I never implied that. I'm just tired of being low energy and out of shape so I go to the gym. I'm tired of not having enough money so I try to earn a little more at work.

I have played pokemon and smoked weed but I grew out of those as should everybody else
>>
>>17481211
OP, your situation sounds nearly identical to mine.

I don't think you have to give up on your I'm guessing childhood, friend. When you start acquiring more hobbies, start going more places, you'll meet more people, but will they be as special to you as your original friend? I hope you don't shut him out of your life. Just more foreword yourself. You can always go back to him, but just don't rely on him as your only friend, right?
>>
>>17481211
>Muh positive influences

Jeez, OP, you're an adult, not a child. You don't need a positive role model in your life.

If you want to "dump" him because you don't have fun hanging out together anymore, that's fine. But if you still have fun together when you hang out, there's really not a reason to "dump" him. The fact that he's a manchild in his personal life seems pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>17482087
>Jeez, OP, you're an adult, not a child. You don't need a positive role model in your life.

It doesn't matter how old you are, everyone needs to surround themselves with people are a positive influences in their
>>
This happened to me except I was the lazy one.

Started to drift away from HS friend because I would be a bad influence in his studies.
I'll start to talk to him again when I get a better idea of myself
>>
>>17482002
You clearly did when you called him a child, don't try to downplay it. Unless there's something you aren't telling us, the worst thing he does is smoke weed. There's nothing wrong with him enjoying a fucking video game. I don't know what you don't understand about that but it seems like a tough concept for you. Its entertainment, its there to be enjoyed. Just because you have your big boy hobbies now doesn't make you any more of a man than him. You're a child playing dress up, but at the end of the day you're still a child.
>>
>>17481397
>how am I a judgemental faggot?
>you're a degenerate piece of shit

kek
>>
>>17483404
Dude, pokemon is a video game meant for children. I used to play when I was 10 but if you're still playing it as an adult, you need to grow up
>>
File: 1471024230269.jpg (45KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471024230269.jpg
45KB, 600x375px
>>17483507
Ah there it is. I had a feeling you were one of those people. They think they're big grown ups now because they drop a thing they used to do when they were kids so they can tell the world "I'm a mature adult now". Cut the bullshit Jack, just because you put on the suit and tie doesn't make you an adult. What does being an adult even mean to you? If not playing Pokemon and picking up an interest in pottery is it, then I got bad news for you buddy.

You're mindset is that of a child. "Oh that's for babies, big boys do this" get over yourself. What kind of man worries about what another does in his free time? Worry about yourself and fuck off. It may not be up to whatever your standard of being an "Adult" means but an important aspect of being a mature member of society is not giving a single fuck what others think about you, and mind your own business and he seems to be handling both of those things a hell of a lot better than you.

No matter how much you "improve" yourself, Jack, you're always gonna be a child with that mind set. Just one with a nice suit and tie.
>>
>>17482002
>should everybody else

Careful with that. Far as I can tell he's not hurting anyone, so leave him if you wish, but going into attack mode is unnecessary. It's your grind and not his.
>>
>>17481355
>m-muh war

Idk who is more retarded, people that go to war or people that think they are heroes.
>>
>>17481211

You sound like a complete cunt, you go to the gym a few times, now you're on a fucking high horse over it? Maybe this lad'd be better off without you

If you really were his friend, you'd overcome differences in lifestyle to continue that friendship or at the very least concentrate on you're own shite and not worry about what he's doing, you're coming across a like a needy insecure little girl
>>
>>17483744
1/10 made me reply
>>
>>17483823
>shitposting
I'll fly over the world to kill people with my rifle and die in the process, accomplishing nothing

what
>>
>>17483836
nice shitpost
>>
>>17483845
nice shitpost
>>
Need help here.
Late 20s
Most of my friends are snakes especially the one I hung around the most. Anything I say he will go and tell others and sometimes would put words in my mouth. It's bothersome because hes a popular dude in town due to the scene crowd. The fucker stole my dream a little. I got back some stuff the last time I hung out. He plays me like a fool too, usually doesn't invite me when there are parties. I can hear snickers and laughter over the phone from other people and when I ask him about it he acts like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>17483861
What the fuck do you need help with? Why do you hand around human garbage?
You fucking people amaze me every time with the retarded shit you do.
>>
>>17483853
nice shitpost
>>
>>17483873
I only hangout with them because I don't have a social life of my own. I want to meet new people but none around because everyone knows everyone. Everyone in town thinks I'm gay
>>
File: 1434801441839.jpg (83KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1434801441839.jpg
83KB, 540x960px
>>17483887
>caring what degenerates think
>having social life with scum > antisocial
what m8
>not using the gay rumour to fuck hot chicks

Move to a big town. you are 20. wtf
>>
>>17483887
Also stop being a beta faggot and confront niggers when they do shit.
>>
>>17483905
I do and they act like nothing happened.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.