[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend was screaming at me in the car and I yelled back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ac6.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ac6.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
My girlfriend was screaming at me in the car and I yelled back at her.

Now she's crying in the shower telling me to get out because I "scared her" and I'm "one step away from being abusive."

Are guys supposed to just accept being yelled at and hit without responding in kind?
>>
>>17480893

There is very little context here, but i am going to completely give you the benefit of the doubt.

If she hits and screams at you without being provoked, and then when you respond with screaming (again you could have said ruthlessly abusive things, idk what went down, but i am assuming it was non-threatening language) she says she is being abused. If this is all true, you are in an incredibly abusive relationship and should get out asap.

Though i suspect there is a lot more to the story which doesnt make this such a clear cut decision.
>>
>>17480902
I was late picking her up for work today. She got in the car and started screaming at me. I apologized calmly for about 10 minutes but she kept interrupting me and screaming in my ear. So I shouted back at her as loud as I could, "Hey, I can scream too!" and she immediately started crying.

She's hit me before and I've never yelled or hit or back, but today I yelled just because I wanted to prevent her from getting so worked up that she might hit me or try to get out of a moving car.
>>
>>17480902
>There is very little context here
>i suspect there is a lot more to the story which doesnt make this such a clear cut decision.

Pretty much this.

The fact that you're choosing to look for validation on 4chan while she's currently freaking out in the shower is also batshit. Get off the computer and go talk to you girlfriend, or at least think of a reasonable way to patch things over while she's finishing her shower.
>>
>>17480911
Next time don't show up to pick her up at all
>>
>>17480911
Again, it is tough without knowing you or having a broader picture to the context of your relationship.

But with that said, what you described sounds like you are very much in an abusive relationship. Drop her like a hot potato sooner rather than later. As you describe it, you are very much being abused.
>>
>>17480911
Ok, then here is what you do.

She says 'get out'. You say, 'Okay'. Pack your shit and leave to a friend's/parents/motel for the night at least. The lease situation can be figured out later.
>>
>>17480911
Sounds like a pretty abusive relationship m8
>>
>>17480911
Have you confronted her about her being physically abusive? That's not the kind of thing you should tolerate. It may get to the point where she seriously hurts you, or you may lose your shit and retaliate to the point of seriously hurting her. You want to avoid both of these things.

Talk to her. Explain how you feel she's stepping over a line. Consider making an ultimatum on your relationship if she doesn't take physical abuse seriously.
>>
>>17480893
She's abusive and most likely a nutcase, leave.
>>
>>17480893
This is how my ex behaved, and she had severe Borderline Personality Disorder. Like a vicious dog constantly being mean and flipping out over the most minute shortcomings but SO sensitive about even the slightest bit of criticism to her.

Has she threatened suicide yet? That's always a popular strategy. I regret not telling her to just fucking do it instead of wasting years with her.
>>
>>17480893
>Are guys supposed to just accept being yelled at and hit without responding in kind?

"Just accept"? No.

Be able to respond without having to lose control and yell or hit back? Yes.

You need to decide that HER behavior is not acceptable, communicate that to her, and get the fuck out if it keeps happening.
>>
>>17480911
>She's hit me before and I've never yelled or hit or back
Don't yell. Don't hit. Just leave. You are being abused: physically at the absolute least, and it sounds like she's going for emotional abuse too. Get as far away from her as you can, no second chances, no mercy.

And one last note: if she threatens to kill herself, call the police and tell them she threatened suicide, watch her until the cops come to take her away, THEN leave. An encounter with the local mental health system should teach her not to pull that bullshit with you again, and may even get her started on the path to getting the help she really needs.

I'm sorry. I know this hurts. But you have to get out before she drags you down with her.
>>
>>17480893
if shes hitting you, dump her. thats unacceptable
>>
>>17480911
Run homie your relationship has most of the hallmarks
>>
>>17480911
you have no idea how to properly deal with these situations.

First time she screamed you should've told her to calm down and talk about it calmly. If she doesn't pull the car over, tell her to calm down and talk about it. If she doesn't tell her to get out of the car (I'm assuming it's your car). If she doesn't comply (and she most likely won't) you have 2 options: just take her out of the car by force, or if you're too big of a pussy/ fear the legal repercussions you leave, take the keys and call yourself a cab. Then text her that you won't tolerate her screaming like a madwoman.

I don't know why anyone would bother with this kind of abusive cow, I'd just break up on the spot if my girlfriend ever did this to me, but I'm guessing you don't want that. Don't worry, you can educate her. Every time she does something like this leave (or kick her out of your house/car/whatever) and ignore her for a day. Then tell her you're not going to tolerate this kind of behavior. She'll either learn to act like a normal human being or break up with you, either option is better than putting up with shit like that.
>>
>>17480893
lmao
just dump this fucking bitch.
Anyone can do better than an abusive whore.
>>
>>17480911

Beware. She's gonna accuse you of some shit you didn't do
>>
>>17480893

>tape/record her outburst
>for future reference
>might come in handy in court
>you stay calm at all times
>>
>>17481009
how many years? I think my gal has it too.
>>
>>17481239
If she has BPD (which a lot of abusive women do have), she will never learn. This strategy wont work, you can't establish boundaries. If you do something like this, she will up the ante and you will get hurt. Also if this works, it will only work for a little while.

My ex did the same thing OP's gal does. BPD people have a keen sense who has control and what is going on, if they sense they might suffer consequences for that behaviour, they will hold their anger in until they blow one day/night. They let resentment build up.
>>
eh you're already in an abusive relationship with someone who is mentally Ill OP.

Yes, you're suppose to never engage when other people flip out at you.

like many of these threads get out before you get arrested.

try to exit calmly as soon as you can, maybe go get a DVRO because she will probably flip out when you break up and accuse you of horrendous things.

See you on the other side of the shit storm.
>>
>>17480911
Sounds like she'll be finding another way to get home from work from now on
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.