[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel threatened by a woman my bf works with. I can't tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 1471076463775.jpg (29KB, 400x420px) Image search: [Google]
1471076463775.jpg
29KB, 400x420px
I feel threatened by a woman my bf works with. I can't tell if I'm just being really emotional or if the threat feels real. Either way I am annoyed and I don't know what to do.

To start off, whenever there are new workers at my bf's work, they fawn over him. I already know that. I go to work related events with him and his female coworkers are petty to me while acting really sweet to him. Bf says that annoying girls try to tell him he's cute. He's extremely anal about his work and he gets pissed off because they just sit around and talk and it throws everything off.

So, there is this specific woman. She is having an affair with another male coworker. They both have kids, they are both in relationships. The male coworker dropped her. I guess it was just a short fling or whatever the fuck and now he's avoiding her.

My bf likes to fill me in on work gossip. So about two weeks ago, he told me he spoke to that girl and how she is desperately heartbroken that the male coworker humped and dumped.

Ever since then, she has been following bf around like a puppy at work. Then she asked for his instagram. And within seconds of his posts, literally every post he has made for two weeks, she likes it immediately. Even posts about people she doesn't know, like bf's high school friends or mine and his friends, she likes. Yet, skips over anything about me in his instagram.

I know all of this seems really stupid. It's literally just instagram and a desperate cheater looking for attention from the next.

I know my bf would never. I asked him about her, and he doesn't really give a fuck that she follows him on insta because most of his coworkers do.

But it is frustrating that this girl knows I exist and still tries. What do I do? If not anything to anyone else, how do I handle the feels?
>>
File: cersi.gif (356KB, 500x226px) Image search: [Google]
cersi.gif
356KB, 500x226px
>>17479444
>bf
>instagram
>female

Fucking leave
>>
You can't do anything. She hasn't propositioned your boyfriend, what she's doing is petty and attention seeking but not crossing boundaries. If you do/say anything towards her, you won't just look like the rabid girlfriend who is flipping her shit over social media stuff, it will also make it more tempting for her to go for your boyfriend. If she's a cold, cunning bitch, she'll get extra gratification out of it because she knows how angry and upset you'd be. If she's a rather shitty person who, like most, still feels the need to feel like a good person, she'll use your hostile message as an excuse for her behavior: you're controlling and stifling him, and obviously a bitch, so it doesn't really matter how she wrongs you.

Ultimately it all boils down to your boyfriend. He needs to draw boundaries that are respectful of your relationship. He needs to be immune enough to the other woman. If that's okay she can do nothing but sadly beg for some attention.
I would point out to your boyfriend any instance where someone is being unkind to you (like being petty at a work event), but if the situation remains similar I think other than that it's too little to go by.
>>
>>17479491
This is what I've been attempting to rationally tell myself. There is no way I could even do or say anything. The only time I will probably see her in person is at the events that come up around holidays.

My bf is polite, but acts oblivious and weirded out when female coworkers are forward. In past work events. I was sitting next to him at the parties, and girls would come up to him like "OMG femanon's bf, you made it, and rub his shouders." He'd flinch, turn around, and say "Oh hey, good to see you, this is my gf" then introduce me, then the girls would just avoid us after he introduced me.

So I think bf is very "immune" to their advances from what I've seen. But he still tries to keep positive work relationships.

I know this situation isn't necessarily boundary crossing, It's just frustrating because I know what the girl's are doing. Bf acts polite and avoidant. I'm also just polite. But i think some girls see this as an open window they can try to work.

Basically, I feel like a little bitch because they do just enough to piss me off, but not enough where it is socially acceptable for me or even bf to necessarily tell them off.
>>
>>17479514
It is shitty but the thing is that she owes you nothing, let alone the relationship you have with this guy. In an ideal world everyone would account for everyone else but this is never going to happen, and you're the only one who is suffering the consequences if you get angry or bitter over people who don't know you prioritizing their own motives over your well-being.
Obviously this is a long term thing to get the hang of, but still.

Having said that I do think you should be more explicit to your boyfriend. Tell him that you feel like a little bitch when you sit next to him and another girl starts touching him affectionately without any consequences. Tell him that you're in no position to butt in and he is the one who should implicitly tell her to back off. Yes, maintaining professional relationships is important, but part of that is learning how to tell someone no or keep your distance without stepping on any feet.
The thing is that obviously he would rather not potentially hurt someone's feelings or make a weird impression, so he's taking the path of least resistance and just rolling with it. What you need to point out to him is that by doing that, he's actually neglecting his responsibility to you to make you feel welcome and what not as his date at the event and as his girlfriend.
>>
>>17479444
when you have male coworkers or that new "friend" hover around you do you think they are trying to fuck you? How does your bf handle the guys liking all your post?
>>
>>17479451
God, for someone who's on /adv/ as much as you are, you sure give the least advice and help. 4chan isn't for tripfags it's for anons, go to Reddit if you love being a namefag so much.
Tl;dr- Fuck off fagasus, you're painfully unfunny and everyone hates you.
>>
File: Inquisition_Heraldry_Alternate.jpg (32KB, 439x670px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisition_Heraldry_Alternate.jpg
32KB, 439x670px
>>17479662
Am I supposed to care about any of this? I'm having a pretty nice day listening to Deftones and talking to a cute girl
>>
>>17479667
Ur a worthless NEET troll with no good advice to offer. Fuck off
>>
File: 1467665913118.jpg (110KB, 1147x945px) Image search: [Google]
1467665913118.jpg
110KB, 1147x945px
>>17479670
>ur

Spell-check yourself before you wreck yourself
>>
>>17479667
You're a huge fag dude. Inquisitior Pegasus? Jesus. Also try spellcheck.
>>
File: 1466826218721.jpg (286KB, 1016x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1466826218721.jpg
286KB, 1016x1384px
>>17479675
Your dick is so much bigger and your life is much better than mine dude

Are you happy now?

Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
>>
>>17479491
>>17479526

The best advice. The only thing I would add is when you are at the next social event, give the most glowing, warm smile possible when boyfriend introduces you. This sets people off like nothing else and there's nothing they can do because all you're doing is smiling. More often than not it either infuriates them to the point where they leave him alone or they do something that does warrant retaliation.
>>
>>17479444
It was really stupid of your bf to befriend this woman. Just because she is a coworker doesn't mean he has to have any interaction with her outside things work related. Especially knowing she and another coworker had an affair. That kind of behavior should warn anyone off but yet it didn't. You should be concerned OP
>>
>>17479667
You're on here all the time dude, no one thinks you're clever and people tell you constantly how annoying you are.
Go to any board and they'll tell you the same- 4chan has never like namefags and you happen to check all the boxes for the negative stereotype surrounding namefagging (annoying, unhelpful, samefagging at times, stupid commentary and creating an alias where you're meant to be anonymous.)
You're a plague on what was once a great site and are assisting in the destruction of what makes 4chan awesome, grats on being a shitstain. KYS.
>>
>>17479707
Cool story bro tell it again
>>
>>17479681
No. We're not entertained. That's why we're telling you to fuck off.
>>
File: justforyou.jpg (199KB, 1239x795px) Image search: [Google]
justforyou.jpg
199KB, 1239x795px
>>17479713
>>
>>17479715
ok
>>
>>17479631
I work in a female dominated field and I do not work in a typical collaborative workplace. My job is very independent and I work pretty much alone or with my female supervisor a few times a month.

He never says anything about guys liking my posts, and I have maybe like three male friends, which are not necessarily friends, just people I talked to in high school, on instagram. I never see them irl.

>>17479699
That's what I was thinking. But I hang out with him and his male coworkers and all they do is make fun of the stupid people at their work which includes these women. Like my bf is polite on the outside, then he makes fun of them to me or to his work bros (I guess where he is more comfortable). I know my bf is kinda... antisocial and introverted, easily annoyed by people.

IDK my bf's work demeanor is confusing. I think he's just trying to please people, but deep down he hates most of them aside from the select few men at his work.
>>
>>17479730
you are being way too generous towards your bf's behavior at work. Again, work mates are work mates and you do not have to socialize with them all you have to do is treat them with respect while doing what you are being paid to do. There is no requirement to be sucked into all the drama. Your bf chose to do just that because it pleases him.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.