[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people prefer to keep inter-work relationships discreet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fu-yuanhui-03.jpg (22KB, 564x323px) Image search: [Google]
fu-yuanhui-03.jpg
22KB, 564x323px
Why do people prefer to keep inter-work relationships discreet? I mean, we have married couples here at my work that met outside of work, got married, and decided to work at the same workplace, and that's okay. But it's somehow taboo to openly date other coworkers. Why?
>>
>>17478526
Who are you banging at work?
>>
>>17478575

We're both resident physicians at a hospital. She's in my "class", as in, what year you are into your 3 years of residency before you can graduate and work on your own
>>
>>17478526
because established relationships usually (not always but usually) produce a lot less drama than new relationships.
>>
>>17478657
forgot to add, they produce less drama because although married people generally love each other, they're less likely to be super emotional and infatuated with each other. they're in the comfy stage of the relationship and they're not slobbering all over each other in the break room. also, not to say that married people don't fight, but often they have figured out ways to keep fights from being disruptive, because that would disrupt their marriage. i.e. after a while you learn what to bring up to your spouse (and how to do it with the least headaches), and what to just let slide. that comfy stage also means that disagreements are not as emotionally charged.

sorry that got kinda long. hope that helped.
>>
>>17478673
this

Also people will take sides and cause greater drama if two coworkers in a new relationship break up.
>>
You'd understand why coworkers dating might be a problem if you owned a business or managed one
>>
That would be intrawork, not interwork.

Read a fucking book.
>>
From what I've seen.

Don't dip your pen in company ink.
When a relationship fails its good to be away from them and to take your mind off of it by burying yourself in work.

If the couple is already married then work in the same place together its ex-post facto.

They know they will both need their jobs (usually) to keep the marriage happy.
>>
OK, well here's the thing

The people keeping the relationship secret is my best friend and his girl.

We have a VERY weird dynamic

In most social situations, she pops up and clings to my arm while I'm talking to people, and flirts with me openly with our coworkers. It's to the point where our coworkers are thinking we are a couple or something

She never flirts with him or shows PDA. They're completely professional. Outside work, they show up to places with our non-work friends as the "weird, quiet couple that are cooler and happier as individuals when they're not together somewhere".

No, she doesn't think I'm gay
>>
>>17478526
I try to avoid seeming too friendly with female co-workers I'm polite but I show I'm not exactly friendly to sort of try to cut off any sort of idea of a romance if they hint a little too much because it's a terrible idea to date someone you work with. Even somewhat discreetly if it doesn't work out it can really negatively effect the job and how people act towards each other. If they could be mature about it it's up to you if you think its worth the risk personally I'm a professional and my career matters a lot more than busting a nut.
>>
I got kind of flirty with a co worker last year I mean she started it constantly hugging and showing affection it just became our back and forth. Then I got promoted and everybody I used to be cool with claimed favoritism I'm almost positive I wasn't doing anything like that but it ended up making everybody hate me and her. So yeah I think work relationships are fine if you keep them out of work.
>>
>>17478526

Professionality

Nothing breaks a productive mood as much as a couple kissing, hugging, petting each other, holding hands, and giggling at each other of focusing on work.
It's a distraction for them, and it is a distraction for other collegues.

Being discreet at work and open in free time is much better. No distractions, no akwardness for the collegues, better productivity.

I don't see a problem with people having workplace relationships, but the reason so many companies ban them is because of the above mentioned reasons, and when couples break up it can disrupt the workflow in an entire department.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.