[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop craving touch and affection? Are there any good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (468KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468KB, 1920x1080px
How do you stop craving touch and affection? Are there any good substitutes for it?

Alcohol works great but I need it too much and it's ruining my life.
>>
Heroin.
A girlfriend.
Chemical castration.
Physical castration.
Heavy mood stabilizer dosages.

Basically, nothing. You can attempt to be a monk but good luck doing that and also participating in western society.
>>
>>17478311
Do antidepressants work?

I don't mean sex, either. Just being hugged and kissed and things.
>>
>>17478356
Can't get rid of it. Either find someone to cuddle or let the emptiness consume you and cry in bed.
>>
>>17478374
How does one go about finding that sort of thing?

Those of my friends who can stomach being touched at all are all in relationships that don't need third wheels.
>>
>>17478303
>how do I stop a primal human desire
I dont know, not be a human?
>>
>>17478400
But it has to be stopped. I can't live like this.
>>
Not OP, but I have an additional question.

Is it true that you become weird if you don't touch people? Some time ago, I overheard in a passing that it can have a negative mental effect if you don't have psysical contact with other people, something as small as a handshake could make a difference. Or is it bullshit?
>>
>>17479203
I sure hope so. I'm OP and while I've always been autist and rarely touched (I was like 11 or 12 when my parents realised I hadn't just naturally learned basic hygiene on my own), it grieves me.

I'm quite sure having someone to sleep next to, or cuddle up beside whenever needed, would be very helpful but that is not an option.
>>
I just do it after many years of failing. Now I prefer it this way and couldn't imagine sharing intimacy again and enjoying it in comparison to enjoying being on my own. I wonder if this is healthy, but after a string of failed and demeaning relationships with too proud a people, I've decided that my space is better left free. I'm 42 now and I wish I felt like this in my 20's, but it's not very social when you begin to prefer your own company.
>>
>>17479218
So it DOES go away?

For as long as I don't kill myself for the next 20 years?
>>
>>17479225
Only if you learn through experience
>>
>>17479203
yes, it's pretty necessary for people. I wouldn't say everybody needs the same amount, but just about everyone needs at least some touch.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/affectionado/201308/what-lack-affection-can-do-you
>>
>>17479251
But how do you make it stop? Can you substitute it for anything?

Pets won't do, none of the dogs I know are particularly cuddly beyond ensuring their own comfort.
>>
File: coffee2.jpg (64KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
coffee2.jpg
64KB, 500x414px
>>17478303

>>17478303

oldfag here (44)
been through therapy, antidepressats, substance abuse, long+short tern relationships, divorce..
sadly there is nothing that replace touch and affection, it's a basic human need, and has an effect that no drug or pharma pill can replace

sorry
>>
>>17479470
Then how does a sperg obtain it safely?
>>
Anime club (but you have to sit in a dark room for an hour an watch anime). The Japanese girls wont hug you, but the geeky white guys/girls will.
>>
My parents were super affectionate when I was growing up so naturally I am now in relationships.

Unfortunately I only ever seem to date introverted girls who don't like touch as much.
>>
>>17479475

you'll have to un-sperg yourself
it's not easy. takes a big effort both mentally and physically. took me about 10 years to go from touchless loser to affection magnet. it's well worth it tho
>>
>>17479490
I have social skills enough for normal interaction, then what?
>>
>>17478303
You die.
>>
>>17479506

Enroll in entry level ballroom dance group class.
>>
>>17479552
That's sufficient?
>>
>>17478303
>How do you stop craving touch and affection?
If you're wired for it, there's nothing you can do. That's your love language, senpai.

That said, are you craving touch and affection, or are you craving sex? I know that sounds like a strange thing to ask, but from a physiological standpoint they work on very different pathways. And if this is about sex, that's easier to manage.

>Are there any good substitutes for it?
That depends on what you're craving. If your love language isn't touch, then whatever your language actually is -the others are words, gifts, favors, and time spent together- will point you to a substitute. But if you're a toucher, nothing else will do.

I'm a toucher too, to be honest, but I got lucky: so is my wife. Couples don't HAVE to match -most don't, in fact- but it can make things easier.

>Alcohol works great but I need it too much and it's ruining my life.
Which one, the alcohol or the other craving? Or both?
>>
>>17479577
I can't tolerate sex, that's the problem.

Otherwise I could just walk up to any dude and offer pussy in return, I guess.
>>
>>17479558

No, but it's a structured, guided, friendly way to put yourself in social situations where you can meet and interact with people in a physical way, and (in a beginner class) the instructors will be good at getting people over any initial awkwardness of touching/holding strangers.

A significant part of ballroom is communication/leading/following through touch, and it's formalized enough that there are clear rules and routines to fall back on if you feel like you're getting stuck.
>>
A relationship with someone who is also into touch and affection.

Fucking obvious.

>>17478390
>How does one go about finding that sort of thing?
Get a girlfriend/boyfriend. You do that by making friends with people and being interesting and fit/healthy enough to form a relationship with. Remember, relationships are just an extension of friendship.

>>17479203
It's not so much touch as it is regular human contact and affection that you need to worry about. If you don't socialize and fail at relationships and interactions regularly you will stew in your mind and become less able to hold yourself around people you care about.
The health effects of touching/holding hands thing is 100% bullshit though, yes. These are mostly taken from a study in the 70s which showed a release of endorphin from contact, which was later shown to simply be the act of cuddling/affection.
>>
>>17479618
How does one get a bf with no sex?
>>
>>17479623
>How does one get a bf with no sex?
Same way you get a boyfriend with sex. Form a friendship and extend it to a relationship. Be up front about your wants and needs early so as not to cause drama and fuck-ups later on. Stop being purposefully ignorant.
>>
>>17479648
Does not compute.

All my friends are girls. All their friends are girls. How does one meet men?
>>
>>17479658
So get a girlfriend. Girls are cuter anyway.
>>
>>17479753
The only lesbian I know is one of those pansexual genderfluid lunatics and I won't stick my dick in crazy even if I hang out with it.
>>
>>17479658
Same way you meet girls. You're purposefully ignoring the obvious.
>>
>>17479658
>>17479658

Ignoring them wherever you are of course
>>
>>17479848
I do not understand. I genuinely do not.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.