[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think it's better to never show one's true self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1424269270004.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1424269270004.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
Do you think it's better to never show one's true self to anyone, no matter how close?

Everybody has certain secrets or/and fetishes, that probably should only be kept to himself.

Yes or no?
>>
Sorry, I can't sway the decision you're trying to make without specific context.

It really depends. I hid a lot of myself, and my chronic pain, for years. Now I realize it did massive damage and I don't give half a fuck.
>>
>>17478252
Depends on how close I guess.
>>
>>17478264
it was a general question.
>>
>>17478252
Usually people will react badly, you have to really trust them.
>>
>>17478273
well, exactly what it says, no matter how close.
as the japanese say,
everybody has three faces, one to show for everybody, one for the people close to you, one only to yourself.
>>
>>17478280
I would only show my biggest secrets to really close family members, my parents and my wife. It's not that I have huge secrets, it's just that these are the people whom I trust to not be disgusted, or view me differently if I talk about this kind of stuff.
>>
>>17478252
No one is truly 100% authentic to each other. Its not about being fake, its about self-care.
In social instances, you need to find a balance between the true solitary you and the socially allowed. Having secrets its ok
>>
>>17478296
>No one is truly 100% authentic to each other.

Depends. People can and will try to understand you if you're really close and they genuinely like you. Family is also most likely to have the same mindset as you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.