[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /adv/ ,so I have been having this problem for years and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1465974878423.jpg (821KB, 800x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1465974878423.jpg
821KB, 800x1172px
Okay /adv/ ,so I have been having this problem for years and I've never fully understood what exactly it was since no one else seems to have it. Anyway it might be the result of an overactive mind but I'm constantly talking to myself, or we'll better off, my conscious. But it's not like schizophrenia where you here the voices, no its like my brain is making up these thoughts so I can respond to them. And it seems like I'm speaking to different thoughts. The thing is I don't hate them either. Sure some of them bother the shit out of me sometimes because they come up with bad and negative thoughts when I'm stressed out, but overall they keep me company and can be quite inspiring. It's like my brain is trying to create separate personalities that I can relate to, and that can help me. I'm always in full control of my body, and there are times when my mind is clear. And sometimes when they respond, I speak out the thoughts they had, but I feel like I'm doing that to gain more clarity. Sometimes I have to speak physically to them and other times I can just talk to them with my mind. I don't talk to others about it and I've never read or heard about it either. Is there any anons out there like this or know what this is? I know it's not normal, but I want to understand.
>>
Dissociative identity disorder? I'm not a shrink tho so YMMV
>>
Sorry, I can't help you.

But kago shintaro makes some crazy shit.
>>
Holy shit. You gave me the chills just now op I do the same thing. I'm scared to talk to anyone about it because they wil think I'm fucking crazy. The other voice or voices there are 2 of them.... hard to explain but one is me but the right me or good I should say. The other is the bad guy not nice truthful and shows me tells me things I dont want to know about. Its crazy because he has a name... if im talking to someone he will start to talk to me I have full control of my body its not like he tells me to kill. Just tells me what to say or shows me when I call for him... weird right? Well a few months ago I told him I didn't need him and boom it stopped however just a few days ago I needed help non of my friends were here for me but him. So I called him and he came back wierd again because he was mocking me saying how I didn't need him. I would say I created him with hate after all shit hit the fan, mom passed gf left me life sucked and I needed someone.
>>
>>17477924
>>17477924
The problem is, and I just read up on it, is that nearly almost all of that is true except that they can't control me. Yes they do technically change my behavior, but they're more like support. I can't control what they have to say 100 percent of the time, but never have they ever taken complete control of me

>>17478040
It's alright dude, I've been looking for this artist, so you just helped me out with this name. And from his other pieces he has made, he is pretty good.

>>17478069
Woah dude, I hope you're not mocking me, but if you aren't I'm completely sorry. It seems our problems are related, but your's seems a bit more intense. I hear more than two, and I can't really make them disappear that easily. Although they will come out if I ask for them, and there are some that do mock, but it's usually so I can prove them wrong. I understand that heavy intruding thoughtso though. I had one follow me around for months when my gf broke up with me. I wish I could help you anon, but the best I can do is recommend you to see a shrink. Perhaps diffuse your hate and let the thought go, it'll take time. And try to connect to the better thoughthe more, develop his character, his attributes, follow him. I'm waiting to visit a shrink. Yeah I'm too poor to afford one, but I want to find more people like me out their who understand. I'm not crazy, but if I go out there and talk about it, people would think I was.
>>
>>17478373
Dude I fucking totally feel you. I dont want to go because I'm not crazy I just happen to think alot. Its hard to tell sometimes how many but its about 2 or 3 usually the one with the name does all the talking and I also try to prove him wrong. Sometimes he helps me with ladys.... hahaha in a way hes also everything I can't be or try to be. I'm not mocking you. I cant make him leave on command. It was weird lol when I searched for him I heard him say "you know once you call me I'm not gonna your side" I told him I needed his help and it was weird because he said "i've been here just silently waiting for you"
>>
I would refer to this as metacognition. It's the part of your brain criticising your own actions and others actions. This is what emotional people with emotional responses to every situation are lacking.
>>
It may be a long shot and it doesn't hurt to try asking...

Do you know what caused the voices to appear? Or in what moment of your life began? What were you doing, etc.
>>
I used to have that in my teenage years, when I was much more stressed out, I mean I'm still stressed, I still drink, although I don't do anymore hard drugs.

Anyways, I don't notice anything anymore, back then I would describe it as a fragmented internal monologue.

There were 3 voices, the sad, emotional, introspective me, the tough badass knuclehead me, and the cold, logical, rational me. Only those 3. Never had a 4th, the happy me. Those 3 would fight in my head for dominance of my mood and behavior

Now I still have my internal monologue, but I haven't noticed anything like that since

I saw don't worry about it. It's not schizophrenia I think as long as you recognize the voices are "you" and not a distinct entity, I'd call it more OCD
>>
>>17478592
As long as it doesn't hurt you dude.

>>17478594
I read the Wiki page and it doesn't sound that bad. As long as one doesn't over think.

>>17478624
I'm actually glad you asked. I remember having this really evil thought when I was like a kid, about 6 or 7. Nothing to bad, it just hated the world. It disappeared and I can barely remember it even now. I think that the reason I have these thoughts that talk to me is because it's compensation for the lack of friends and people I had to talk to as a kid. I never made imaginary friends either. Just me and my judgment. I just remembered something though anon, I remember that it started again when I was 12, and it had stuck since. I had created and drawn a couple of characters, and I even gave them personalities. I remember talking to them for the sake of developing them. But the thoughts I have now don't pertain to any characters I have created. Maybe that was just a trigger for it. I personally believe that since I grew up a bit isolated from others, I began to trust myself and develop a stronger relationship with myself, like a sort of meta cognition, like the other anon recommended. And that's why I have these thoughts that monitor my actions and help me out.

>>17478629
That fighting over over emotional control has only happened when I was sad and upset over a breakup. Luckily I got up from it and I haven't heard from the depressing thought since. You seem to get it though. Thanks anon. It doesn't worry me to much and I don't think it'll get out of control.
>>
>>17477904
oh yeah sure that's totally normal it happens to me and to a bunch of guys on /co/ that are always writing stufff about their original characters

when you write or talk a lot in your mind, at some point at least one or 2 of your characters just decide to pop up and talk with you for a bit, i don't think there's anything to be scared of

the biggest trouble i had with this is just daydreaming or going inside my head to talk with them for longer than i expected , while i am supposed to concentrate on real life stuff
>>
One timds when I'm about to fall asleep I hear black guys jiving with one another. Distinctly coming from outside my head. They were just laughing and talking bullshit.
>>
>>17478786
Yeah, I tend to do that a lot with my character, art, and writing, and although I do enjoy it, they're not the voices that stick. But I'm glad to see its normal among creative people.

>>17478804
That's sleep paralysis anon, which I also have. I'm not sure if they have any correlation at all. They may or may not. However the only voices I hear during sleep paralysis may be nothing, and indistinguishable crowd talking, a high pitched noise, waves, etc. Nothing specific.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.