[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when the people you were friends with play DnD online and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: straight face reaction.png (109KB, 432x576px) Image search: [Google]
straight face reaction.png
109KB, 432x576px
>when the people you were friends with play DnD online and won't let you join because they'd have "too many people"
>>
>>17477464
Look here anon, group size is absolutely key to balance in dnd. It can be fudged well by people playing in person but when all rolls are publicly visible you lose a lot of leeway. Ask your friends if they'd be willing to join a second game if you started it.
>>
>>17477464
Yeah I won't lie, groups larger than 4 become cumbersome in a hurry
>>
>>17477479
As a DM I cap at 4 and allow for 1 person to bring in a 5th if they're really desperate to play together
>>
>>17477475
what do you mean, when all roles are publicly visible?

I asked one friend, he said basically "maybe in the future". Asked some others in the group and they said no. There's one more person I know in the group so I'll ask him.

>>17477493
Do you at least see how much it sucks to be rejected from a DnD group of all things?
>>
>>17477504
Both replies are me. Roles was a typo. I mean that game balance is hard with strange numbers of players when all players can see the GMs dice. Believe it or not GMs don't usually want to see the party fail and most encounters and enemies are designed with a 4 person group in mind. When you get past 5 or below 3 the DM has to fiddle with enemy stats and composition for every single encounter.

Your friends might not want you in the group, but I feel like it's more likely that the group is full or at least the GM is at the most people he can handle. All the same, I'd advise going to find another game of your desperate to play and ask your friends if you can get in on the next one once they finish their campaign.
>>
>>17477464
They might actually have too many people. The more people, the harder it is for the DM and the longer fights take because of rolls. I play it in person and we had to cut down to 1 day a week for a longer session because we couldn't get through one fight with six people playing.

If you've played with them before it could also be that you're just garbage at the game and not fun to play with.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.