[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over depression without antidepressants? Am i just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20160815-233322.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160815-233322.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
How do I get over depression without antidepressants?
Am i just being a bitch? Thinking like that only makes me even more depressed when self doubt starts to settle in
>>
>>17476865
I don't know you so I don't know how, but pretty much anyone can

Here's how I made it out without meds:

>got out of school
>devoted time to myself to think things over
>maintained contact with a handful of friends
>began to understand just what I was depressed about

after that I started managing my symptoms, which were undereating, insomnia, poor diet, lack of exercise.
Got into the habit of cleaning things regularly, and now I am studying on my own and getting money through part time jobs.

I don't know if any of these will apply to you effectively, chances are one will.
Like I said I really have no idea what is ailing you, chances are you really don't either.
Hoped this helped someway.
>>
>>17476920
Thanks a lot anon, i really appreciated it.
>>
>figure out what's the cause of depression
>work towards remedying it
>>
Go to a doctor/professional. Seriously.

Unless you mean you're feeling down and aren't actually talking about real depression.

Either way being productive always helps (so that advice about cleaning is good) but anything where it feels like you've done something useful with your day is good.

but seriously, if you have actual depression go talk to someone about it.
>>
>>17476865
If you are the one in the picture you are pretty.
Think that antidepressants may affect you in a lot of ways, for example for man it will cause erectile dysfunction (is true, be glad you're women).
And enjoy the painful life, we all have insecurities about ourselves but that makes it even easier because none will see the stupid things we are worried about instead they would be very deep in their one insecurities and dont gonna see ours
>>
What's better than a slutty girl? A slutty smart girl
>>
>>17476865

we dont know. if depression had a single cause, we'd have a cure. think about your life and why you are sad.

avoid things like
>ill never be able to do this
>no one will ever like me like that

think more about what you want to do (not have) and go from there.
>>
>>17477045
Don't do this. Unless you have crippling depression in which you needs meds just to make it through a day, don't do this. doctors are retarded and have literally no idea how to treat the mind. I tried it and I literally was running circles around them.

You are much more likely to get solid advice here.

Definitely one thing you want to do is make sure you do some sort of physical exercise every day or at least every other day. It makes a big difference in your mood. Make sure you get good sleep as well.

Depression doesn't normally come from nowhere. Something in your mind is causing it. Figure out what that is by taking some time to think on it and then fix it.
>>
Depression literally kills thousands every year.

There's literally 2 fucking threads on /adv right now talking about how to kill yourself.

If you have depression go see someone.

Don't listen to a massive retard who claims to be so much smarter than qualified professionals. He's full of so much shit.

Likely to get better advice here? I literally just saw a piece of advice that was to get a giant middle finger tattoo on a guys back.

If you are sick, get help from the people who are qualified to help you. Don't listen to retards who claimed to have done it all by themselves because they know more than people who studied it for 7 fucking years.

( and if you don't want to take drugs, then don't take drugs)/
>>
>>17477540
Don't listen to this retard. Ask any real professional. They'll tell you that everything they do is a guess at best. No one truly understands the mind yet. You are just going to be another experiment.

Listen to the advice here and do some research on it among other forums. It's the best advice you'll get.

This massive retard is basically sending you to someone who's just going to give you pills because it makes them money and they don't know what else to do.
>>
File: 1465749733257.jpg (64KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
1465749733257.jpg
64KB, 422x750px
>>17477569
>>17477261

Your anti-medicine conspiracy theories are factually unfounded. The numbers prove that treatment with both talk therapy and medication reduces depression, stems suicide rates and saves lives. Encouraging mentally ill people to avoid doctors is not only ignorant, its dangerous.

Listen to me, anon. There is no home remedy for clinical depression. Its a chemical imbalance in your brain that can be corrected with therapy and medication. Medication is not meant to be a long term solution but more like a way to prop up the weak supports of your mind while you build stronger ones through therapy.

I know its scary to take medication that changes your brain chemistry but what you don't want to do is wait until its too late. You don't want to wait until you've lost your job, your friends, your life and your depression has gotten so deep you can't even get out of bed. If you think that can't happen to you you're wrong.

Don't try to treat yourself. Don't diagnose yourself. Trust that there are people out there who care and want to help you because the worst thing you can do with mental illnesses is to take it on by yourself. You need support, you need an outside perspective to steer you when the self doubt and confusion kicks it.
>>
>>17476920
>began to understand just what I was depressed about

That's really what I need to do and what I believe would benefit many people who feel depressed.

Working on the symptoms after realizing the causes should be very beneficial to me.

All around, that's some top notch advice.
>>
>>17477622
>>17476920
this, you need to understand.

Other things that help:

Healthy food
Exercise
nofap (>inb4 shitty arguments)
For you chemistry (brain and body)

keeping busy can also keep it at bay.

Meditation(!)
Philosophy and literature
these will help you understand yourself better

Obviously these are easier said than done and require a conscious effort. Which is the harp part when you are depressed. Try to build a routine around these things and it's easier.
>>
>>17477595
Everything is a chemical reaction in our brains retard. Happiness is a chemical reaction. Happiness can be created by having a big bowl of your favorite ice cream on a hot day. It doesn't need medication or a doctor to happen.

Same thing with depression. For all you know, the fact that we are simply talking to him is making him feel better already.

Do not go to a doctor and take pills anon. At worst, they will fuck with your bodily functions and at best they provide a bandaid that won't fix the problem but will make your a permanent customer.

Most of those people do not care. They either find you interesting as an experiment or are disinterested and will give you pills.

If you do manage to find one that does care, they will do you as much as good as if you found literally any other person that cares.

Do not go to a doctor. I'm not joking when I say they literally have no idea what they are doing.
>>
>You don't want to wait until... your depression has gotten so deep you can't even get out of bed. If you think that can't happen to you you're wrong.
Well I was already at that point by the end of my last college semester, and the consequences of that shitty semester have definitely worked to fuck up my summer, but I'm tryna make things right and I think getting out of school would definitely help me.

the worst thing you can do with mental illnesses is to take it on by yourself.
I disagree. I think the worst thing you can do with mental illness is take someone who's hurting and force them to be seen by a shitty psychologist that they hate who then forces them to stay overnight in a psych ward which will only fuck them even more until they eventually talk because they're seriously gonna kill themselves if they have to stay one more night
That didn't happen to me, my brother, but it sure as shit seemed worse than the shit I was going through tryna tough out my mental downerness on my own.

>You need support, you need an outside perspective to steer you when the self doubt and confusion kicks it.
It's not like I'm a total recluse, i talk to people, I confide in friends and family.
>>
>>17476865
Ay this thread is full of bullshit and I'm not reading it so my bad if this has been said.

Go for a run five days a week in the morning before you start your day, eat healthier food, and don't drink. Oh, and try to force yourself to have social contact

Don't want to take meds? Exercise five days a week and be healthier.

Seriously quit making excuses. Even if you only run for five minutes at a slow jog, get your ass out there. Modern doctors will give you five SSRIs and a horse tranquilizer before prescribing exercise, but it is proven to be as effective as medication. More effective for many.

One more time for emphasis: Start running.

Good luck!
>>
>>17477942
Your advice presumes that the individual is capable of making those changes.

I avoid social contact as much as possible. I know that if someone forced me to be more social and they made me go places with them, I'd probably end up being able to be more social. However, I have nobody. I am not able to make a friend. When someone approaches me, and we know eachother for a bit. What usually happens is that we only have contact when we have to. For example, meeting on the street, group project in uni. I'm talking not even have eachother's phone number or Facebook.

I seem to manage being "cool" with someone, but becoming their friend is something I have never been able to do in my life so far. I'm 21.
>>
>>17477989
Hey it happens man. I've got some pretty bad social anxiety, had it since I was a kid. When I was 20 I had loads of friends and social interaction. Three years later, I have a more isolated lifestyle and my social skills have degraded too. I understand I think.

Just be super friendly to people. It won't fix everything but it helps a bit. Strangers will be more understanding of a friendly aspie than a bitter one. You can practice by talking to people over Skype and saying little things to cashiers like "hey, how are you?" And "take care man have a nice night"
>>
>>17478025
Thankfully I am friendly by nature. So that's not a problem at least.
>>
>>17476865
No matter what medicine you take, depression is gonna keep coming back. It's like a gum stuck to the sole of your shoe, you think you got rid of it, but it's still just stuck there for a very long time. The only way to really get it out of your system is to kick out what's causing it in the first place.
>>
>>17477091
why am I reading this in an indian accent
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.