[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just turned 30 and it's becoming increasingly apparent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (55KB, 800x1033px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55KB, 800x1033px
I just turned 30 and it's becoming increasingly apparent that I don't ever want kids, and it's unlikely I want a wife. This isn't a woman hate thread by any means, I just think these things restrict your freedom.

With that in mind though, how does one prepare for the years ahead, as friends start to fade while building families/moving away, or when I'm really old and not capable of taking care of myself? Does anyone know anyone like this?
>>
Yeah, I can relate to this. The most importaint thing is to find something you're passionate about, and dedicate you life to it. This helps with loneliness and having a purpose for living.

With living into old age, My only advice is start a savings account to hire future help. Hope that helped a bit.
>>
Go into higher education or work really hard at you're job and you're likely to meet more like minded people.
Also realize that lots of people have kids that don't take care of them at all.
Once you get old make friends with older neighbors that can check on you and you do the same for them.
>>
>>17476489

be a third wheel. thats what i do and its pretty nice desu. if you can find a friend who's girlfriend / wife also likes you than you're pretty set. moving away sucks but if ur sociable enough its not like every single couple friend is going to move away.

as they start to build families you're that fun uncle.

but of course you can also maintain friendships with other single friends. you can also date and just get out of the relationship as it starts to look serious.

eventually men get divorced and you start to hang out with them more and more as you get older
>>
>>17476489
>Does anyone know anyone like this?
I've known old lonely men who live alone in the same apartment buildings that seem depressed and seen older guys in gym wear in mall cafeteria playing RPG's with a female character running around without clothes.

Unless you find something to occupy yourself with like a solid career you could end up as one of those lonely death types. Filling spare time with volunteer work as you get older might help to keep social structures going. As for when you get old, you'll have to save up enough money and move into a home to be cared for eventually, before your mind wanders.
>>
>>17476489
Why don't you find a wife that likes to do the same shit you do? That way you can have a companion instead of a ball-and-chain? Alternatively you could just get a dog
>>
>>17476489
A friend of my mother's lives alone with her cat. She has a lot of friends that she goes out with and spends thanksgiving with another friend's family.
She spends her time gardening and organizing events for the community.

Basically this >>17476808

Also have hobbies.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.