[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I need some help. So, I've been offered a spot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2016-05-15-04h45m35s550.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-05-15-04h45m35s550.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
Hey /adv/, I need some help.

So, I've been offered a spot in different film and game development courses at different universities, but the problem is, I don't know what to choose.

On the one hand, I absolutely love films, and would love to be able to work on films, but holy fuck did I hate high school English and all the analysis of symbolism and themes and shit. Practically ruined the few good books that we read for me.

And on the other hand, I'd really like to program video games for a living, but I can't stand to actually play video games anymore. I get so bored so fast from anything.

What do I do? I don't really have any other subject choice because nothing else interests me.
>>
Film. There's tons of jobs in the film industry that don't require you to think philosophically.

Cinematography, sound design, editing, just to name a few
>>
>>17475964
Just do both. Bet on the formation, and do film projects on the side. If you don't get a place for a movie, the formation ensures you can do shit anywhere.
>>
>>17475985
Thanks. And yeah, true, the course says that by the end I'll have extensive skill in a bunch of different stuff involved in film.

>>17475989
Unfortunately, I can't afford to do both, though I'd like to.
>>
>>17475964
>On the one hand, I absolutely love films, and would love to be able to work on films, but holy fuck did I hate high school English and all the analysis of symbolism and themes and shit. Practically ruined the few good books that we read for me.

Go in to games. Film doesn't need more of people like you.
>>
>>17475992
Music starts
> you can't always get what you want (repeat X times)
What comes afterwards in the lyrics ?
>>
>>17475997
I don't think I follow.
>>
>>17476005
You can't always get what you want - the rolling stones
>>
I would just like to add, if you go to any game dev career page you will see that they are ALWAYS hungry for programmers.
>>
>>17476022
Oh, I see. Haha.

>>17476025
Even in Australia? The gaming industry isn't so big here. But then again, neither is the film industry.
>>
>>17476033
>Even in Australia?

Yes, literally everywhere.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.