[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>proffessor agrees to meet with me about student research

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

>proffessor agrees to meet with me about student research opportunities
>says next week isn't good
>two weeks pass, no email from prof

For the love of god, I can't figure out how to word an email to him asking when he'll be available.

I know how retarded that sounds, but please, I need your help.
>>
dear professor

I have Wednesday or Thursday at 4pm free, which works better for you?

Thanks,
your name

(put in whatever two days you actually are free, give them a choice between two days even though you have more days free. if he needs a reminder about what it's for, he'll ask.)
>>
>>17475752

Keep it polite but casual so he knows you don't intend to bother him. I chat with professors and employers all the time and I'd simply say something like this... it may be a little informal so you might have to change the "hi" to "dear" and the "best wishes" to "yours sincerely" or whatever but we keep it quite informal with our lecturers here so that's why I'd just use that. He won't think you're rude, don't worry, professors forget shit ALL the time and you just have to nag them. Take this as a template:

Hi <prof name>,

Hope you are well. Just dropping you a quick email regarding the student research opportunities we discussed a couple of weeks ago. I know you said you were busy last week but I still haven't received any correspondence from you. When you've got a moment, could you please let me know when you'd be available for a chat just so I know when to expect some more information on this? I am really interested in getting involved.

Best wishes,

<your name>
>>
With a personality like yours, there's a point in your life where you ought to learn that sometimes you have to stop overthinking it and JUST DO IT.

Hopefully that point is now.
>>
>>17475771
This.

I know everyone has been taught to formulate an email like a letter in grade school. Though, in my experience, every teacher emails more like it is a text or messenger convo.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.