[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend is scared of me and I've not given him any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nw91u1Nkxi1uh9dqlo1_500.gif (465KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw91u1Nkxi1uh9dqlo1_500.gif
465KB, 500x306px
My boyfriend is scared of me and I've not given him any reason to be. By scared I mean he won't sometimes tell me his honest opinion or what it is he would like to do. Our relationship is otherwise healthy and I only want him to be happy, I would do anything for him so it hurts that he feels he can't be himself all the time. Am I being naive, what can I do?
>>
he is probably afraid of ruining what u got.
>>
>>17474188

If he opened himself up to you, he will be less attractive to you.

Despite being told this, you will not believe it. When you get him to open up, you will decide he's too much of a wimp, and need a real man, who doesn't have feelings.
You will not learn from this.

When you get a "real man", you will come here to ask why he does not open up to you.

You like this one despite the fact he doesn't open up to you. You like him because he is who is is, and not opening up to people is a part of who he is.
If he opens up, then he is not being the man you fell for.
>>
>>17474205
This is really legit advice and something I remind myself about my partner often.
>>
>>17474205
Kinda true. Not even so much in the "you won't be attractive to her anymore," but the few times I've made the mistake of telling women how I REALLY felt, they clammed up and shut down completely because they didn't know how to deal with it.

They're accustomed to emotions in general, but not the emotional problems of men. It's foreign territory to them based on very different life experiences.

I mean, are you REALLY gonna talk to your girlfriend about deep-seated fears/frustrations with women or living in the shadow of a father with genuine hope of her understanding? Not if you're smart you're not.
>>
He's not scared of you, he just has issues with communication and emotional vulnerability, as most men do. He'll likely become more open the more your relationship progresses and you two build trust, etc. Either way, don't take it personally. It's his issue, not yours.
>>
>>17474205
>>17474215
>>17474252
This is a load of bullshit. Being able to give an opinion or just honestly say "hey, this is what I want to do" is not the same thing as being emotionally vulnerable. It's being a fucking pussy.

I grant you this: my opinion has always been that what women want in a guy is to feel that things are being taken care of and to have shared fun/enjoyable/exciting experiences. Showing deep seated insecurities or vulnerability can undermine the first. Being unable to express an opinion or be honest about "I want to do X" instead of "whatever you want honey" or whatever bullshit, that's insecure. That's not taking care of shit or being a leader.

As far as showing emotional vulnerability, the extent to which it's a problem really depends a lot on both people involved. If I'm in a relationship with someone who I expect cares about me, I will tell her what's bothering me or let her know what my emotional state is. But I'm confident in who I am and how I approach things, and I don't mope or dwell endlessly on shit.

Being a weepy bitch is tiresome. Facing life showing you can deal with the bad as well as the good is reassuring for most people.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.