[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dated a girl that was also really into video games and have had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: BrjL7yr.jpg (726KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
BrjL7yr.jpg
726KB, 1920x1440px
Dated a girl that was also really into video games and have had a hard time dating anyone who doesn't share that interest ever since.

Gamers with girlfriends who don't game, how do you do it? I grew up in a house where the fact that I liked video was frowned upon ("THAT'S SUCH A WASTE OF TIME BLAH BLAH BLAH") so it was really nice being in a relationship where there I didn't feel like I was being silently judged for enjoying one of my favorite hobbies.
>>
Get other hobbies and hope she isn't full feminazi about video games
>>
>>17473956
I have other hobbies, but they're all pretty solitary. I take boxing lessons a few days a week, I like lifting, reading, movies, and generally enjoy going out of town on weekends for some light travel.

But I'm a grown man of 30 who's been playing video games since I was 6. There simply isn't any other activity that provides me the mental relaxation that gaming does and it is my go-to means of unwinding after a long day of work.
>>
>>17473945
You just can't let video games fill all your available free time. I like video games too, but I also very much enjoy spending time with the people I like.

It's very helpful if you get a girlfriend who has interests that she likes to pursue that are independent, as opposed to someone who, outside of doing necessary things, just looks to kill time.
>>
No one makes fun of well rounded people.
>>
>>17473987
It's not all my free time. Just most of my free time on work days when there's nothing else to do. I think I spend maybe 10-15 hours a week playing games. I grab drinks with friends some evenings or other social shit probably two nights a week. I just opt towards gaming when I'm hanging around the house as opposed to, say, watching tv or Netflix like most people.

The difference is that no one I've ever dated (since my gamer ex) has cared about tv or Netflix, but they've all been resistant to gaming to varying degrees.
>>
>>17473998
i play with a couple friends a few hours a week and my girl is completely fine with it. she probably spends about the same amount of time on blogs and instagram
>>
>>17473998
>>17474019
i also frame it as "hanging out in skype" rather than "shooting terrorists". dunno if it makes a difference or not
>>
>feel like being judged because of favorite hobby

Well, that's based on what you think, not based on what they think.

They could be perfectly fine with it, but because of your insecurities, you will impose your (likely incorrect) view on them. Now how fair is that?

I think you need to get over your own insecurities -- because there certainly are more -- first before you go looking for a girl who can kick your ass in Madden Football.
>>
>>17474044
I've considered that, but it's really not "just in my head." Some have, at the very least respected it, but most haven't.

One ex would just flat out roll her eyes and say "I see you're on Xbox again" and proceed to sit on the other side of the couch on her phone in silent protest like it was my job to be entertaining her at all times, and most have displayed disapproval in other ways.

I mean, I don't ever say shit about the amount of reality tv they watch or social media lurking they do and I certainly don't act like those things are somehow hindering my ability to entertain myself.
>>
>>17474070

Sounds like you just have crap taste then as a result of you being semi-desperate. They all sound like spoiled little bitches.

Spoiled bitches play vidya too. Sometimes. But they aren't in my experience quite as absorbed as the reality tv whores.

Fuck 'em. You'll find one eventually.
>>
>>17474070
This is what I mean by looking for someone who actually has things they want to do, as opposed to looking to kill time. Someone who is looking to kill time is going to be looking to you to fill that time. They shouldn't be demanding ALL your time though.
>>
>>17474070
Why are you even dating people you have little in common with? Sounds like a boring as fuck relationship.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.