[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice on how to break up with someone when nothing's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: break-up-science_0.jpg (40KB, 644x514px) Image search: [Google]
break-up-science_0.jpg
40KB, 644x514px
Any advice on how to break up with someone when nothing's 'wrong'?
I've been dating my gf for about 5 months now, she's head over heels with me and very emotionally vulnerable. I do love her but I simply don't want to be with her anymore.

I've never broke up with anyone before, and she constantly gets ditched by guys. How do I break up and remain strong, most times I've tried to break up I usually buckle when they get upset.
>>
Why don't you want to be with her OP?
>>
>>17473678

Set aside an entire day or evening

Man up and say it like it is, it's not you it's me etc etc etc

She will break down and you can comfort her gently, but in a suddenly brotherly fashion instead of as boyfriend, let her know she is a good person, but that you are not 'right' for each other etc etc etc

Breakup sex is a maybe, works better for men who can aggressively pound their broken heart hard into the shebitch ruinor of happiness
Also, it sends wierd 'maybe' signals

So just spend an afternoon/evening comforting her and being gentle and letting her go.

The longer you let it drag out, the worse it gets, believe me, I broke up with my bf 2 years afterI realised I didn't want the relationship, still get pathetic drunken texts once in a while, and it's been three years!
>>
>>17473704
You're a piece of shit
>>
>>17473729
>>17473729
seconded
only posted to talk about themselves
trash
>>
>>17473729
What? That was a very reasonable approach to breaking up I'd say.
>>
>>17473729
>>17473731
Third. Without a doubt it sounds like they wanted an excuse to go on a tirade about how they still have their ex wrapped around their finger. Alcoholism isn't funny you stupid feminist cunt.
>>
>>17473733
I wouldn't call someone who leads another person on for TWO YEARS and then has no empathy for them when they dump them reasonable.
>>
>>17473692
My feelings for her have slowly faded. We've been on a holiday, I've spent lots of time with her, yet it continues to dwindle. Honestly when I spend time with her I miss being single, that thought alone has pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me.

>>17473704
This is all pretty decent feedback for me. Ignore the obvious projection from the butthurt brigade, thanks.
>>
>>17473760

Will do

This method was basically what I used, so it isn't foolproof when it comes to not hurting feelings, but he was also sensitive and I doubt the break up would have been cleaner if I had been harsh and abusive about it, instead of ending it gently.
>>
>>17473737
Fourth.
>>
>>17473678
"I want to break up but we can still be best friends"
>>
>>17473678
5 months and you've already been on holiday with her?
>>
I'm sorry I do not love you. The foundation ain't there baby.
>whip out your secret behind the ear Lucky Strike
>match from other ear
>light it with your dental features
But it was a hell of a time.kid.
>Ride off into sunset
>>
>>17473760
You miss being single?
why is that??
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.