[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with the fact that I used to be an awful person?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: this tbh fam.jpg (62KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
this tbh fam.jpg
62KB, 504x504px
How do I deal with the fact that I used to be an awful person? Thinking about my past misdeeds makes me cringe every time. The ride never ends.
>>
Forgive yourself and never be that person again
It helped me
>>
An awful person in what way? Like mean or harmful? Because I spent a lot of time blaming myself for things that weren't my fault (hating myself for being depressed / anxious and letting it ruin friendships / relationships) but it's a different ballgame if you used to be a toxic person.

If that's the case then I would advise you to think about what misdeeds bother you and see if you can reach some type of reconciliation and move on. Maybe reach out to some people and apologize and even if they don't accept it or don't answer, just tell yourself that you tried and let go of it.
>>
just never be that way again
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 719x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 719x699px
Keep moving forward bro, and try to make the right decisions next time. You didn't kno better or perhaps had some negativity thrown at you while you were a child. Or you were spoiled and treated people like shit. Or you were just curious and didn't think what you were doing all the way thru. Either way, we're only moving forward. You must have compassion for your former self and yourself now. You may make a mistake again in the future, but your growth shows in how you deal with the situation. Don't get caught up on the past, becuz life is a lesson. Spend the necessary time to think about the motivating factors, the solution, where u are now etc. then move forward and take away the energy you invest thinking about that subject. The more you train yourself to stay present or think of things other than the incident(s) you're referring to, the easier it will be.
>inb4 supressing the past

This is not suppression as you allot time and energy thinking about it, then understand eventually it has no end and your feelings of guilt/sadness may be the "correct", but it's not doing anything to help you move forward, other than cucking you at every opportunity.

Or you could kys
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.