[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have only had serious long term relationships >have literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1463918472842.jpg (117KB, 1024x622px) Image search: [Google]
1463918472842.jpg
117KB, 1024x622px
>have only had serious long term relationships
>have literally never been on a genuine date with a girl im interested in
>have been texting an acquaintance that im pretty sure likes me
>we met up the other night for a beer
>ended staying up all night long and talking and cuddling
>definitely want to move forward with her
>i have no idea what im doing
>dont want to come off as desperate but want her to know im interested, while trying to gauge how she feels

I had no idea dating was so fucking frustrating. How do I find that sweet spot middle ground between seeming needy and clingy, and being confident and aloof?
>>
>>17473564
First of all I'm genuinely so fucking happy for you man.
If she's in to you she's nervous too. All you can do is try and describe how you feel as briefly as possible; something like "I could say a lot more if you want, but I'm really in to you and I want to make something more out of our relationship"
Good luck dude I sincerely hope she likes you back and you two end up being in a happy relationship
>>
>>17473592

Thanks a lot man, I'm excited but scared. Its just super new to me and I want to get it right. Im not even really concerned about becoming exclusive partners or anything yet, it's just the introductory dating part that makes me nervous.
>>
>>17473564
How is this at all frustrating? You had a good date. That's great. Ask her out again.

It's a huge mistake in dating to decide "oh, well, I want a girlfriend, this person seems nice enough and is attractive enough for me to want to fuck, thus I'm concluding that I must have THIS girl as a girlfriend."

What you should want is someone that you like (and you can't get to know someone without spending real time with them) who likes you. Yeah, it's disappointing when something promising doesn't work out, but that's better than being with someone who doesn't want to be with you, or that you don't want to be with, don't you think?

Fuck "getting it right". If someone likes you, you're going to have a lot of slack with them. If you have to jump through some very exact hoops to be "acceptable" then that's not someone who's really interested in you, that's someone who wants a person to fill a tightly defined role.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.