[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could I make myself a workaholic? It would have to be a way that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: images-2.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
Could I make myself a workaholic?
It would have to be a way that doesn't require discipline, motivation or willpower as I don't have those things.
If I could just work all day and never feel and only care about money life could be alright.
>>
>>17472601
if you didn't feel then life wouldn't be alright because you wouldn't be able to feel when things were going well

and if you only cared about money, you'd never be happy because you'd never have enough

>It would have to be a way that doesn't require discipline, motivation or willpower as I don't have those things.
then I guess cocaine

enjoy your brain haemorrhage

>captcha: ohls cokey
>>
>>17472710
I'd never feel tfw no gf.
It's stupid to get sad about not being able to fulfil those urges and I know that if I could stop then I should.
>>
>>17472710
>then I guess cocaine
You mean speed. Not that I recommend drugs as the solution.
>>
>>17472601
1. experience trauma of some sort
2. turn to work to escape feels
worked for me
>>
>>17472776
I want to escape the feels but I'm too lazy. when I was about to make a second attempt at university a while ago I figured that I could study a lot and never feel or sit in websites I hate because I'm bored.
I hate coming to 4chan and I thought that when I studied theres barely any limit to the amount of studying possible but I just never did it.
>>
make a goal, something that involves money and use work as a means of getting there.

I was in your position out of highschool, spent 2 years dicking around at uni before I found a passion. Porsches. I come from a family line of mechanics and I by chance started reading into Porsche history and innovations and was hooked.

I looked at pricing for them, new was and will be beyond me for a while, but used Porsches were cheap and generally well maintained. I found a 986 boxster -- The bastard Porsche at a reasonable price and found a casual job to work towards it.

I bought it eventually, drove and loved it for a year, even with all its flaws.

Through that, I found passion for working on cars and Porsches specifically, so I went back to study, so I could get placement at a Porsche workshop.

My goal now is a gen 2 997 911, and I pull in a 60-70 hour work week to save up for it.

Along the way I found other hobbies, like watches, and then a general sense of direction in life -- Wanting to move out, all that irl shit. It also confirmed that I never want to have kids, something my long term girlfriend is iffy about.

Life story over, my point is, find a hobby or goal and save up money for it, or work more to make more money. Maybe it will work for you, maybe not.
>>
>>17472888
A goal a lot of years in the future won't work for me.

I have no willpower, discipline or motivation. Forcing myself to work will never work, only changing myself somehow so that I get those things or enjoy work
>>
>>17472601
>Could I make myself a workaholic?
It's possible I guess. I'm a bit of a workaholic, but that said I really, really enjoy my job.

>It would have to be a way that doesn't require discipline, motivation or willpower
You can't really do anything without those skills (not sure if skills is the right word - traits? attributes? idk). That said, you can develop them over time, it just takes a bit of effort. Certainly without motivation you'll never get anything done, but this comes in a lot of forms, internal or external, positive or negative. For example it's a lot easier to get up early to work on something you're proud of, and you're much less likley to slack off if not putting in the hours means going home and telling your wife and kids there's no dinner tonight.

>If I could just work all day and never feel and only care about money life could be alright.
That's not really how you get to be a workaholic. If someone paid off my mortgage and told me everything I needed or wanted would be free forever, I'd still go to work, because that's what I like to spend my time doing.
>>
>>17472955
So, you basically want us to wave a magic wand at you. People who are motivated and hardworking didn't just spring out fully formed from their mother's crotch.

There are no shortcuts for this.
>>
>>17472955
It doesn't have to be in a lot of years. The first car took only 1 year as a casual worker, this one is taking 2. Smaller goals in-between too. In 2 months I'll have enough outside of my car savings to finally move out (mainly buying furniture and shit).

It can be tiny shit. Damn, even the feeling of seeing more than 2 0's in your bank account. I remember ages ago seeing the first 10,000 I ever had in my bank account from 5 months of work. Shit kept me going, still keeps me going.
>>
>>17472955
Well you gotta work to get that willpower, discipline, and motivation bub. You won't ever have things just handed to you in life, and you'll always have to work to get what you want. You'll HAVE to force yourself into it sometime, because that's the only way to do it, and it's the only way anyone has ever done it, bar something else forcing them into it. That's the change you're looking for, being forced into actually doing things.

Consider it a learning process like anything else. Basically, right now, you are retarded. Like really fucking retarded. In order to not be retarded, you have to learn how to not be retarded, which means conditioning yourself to actually be able to work. You'll have to do this small bits at a time, forcing yourself into doing things that benefit you that aren't necessarily comfortable.

A damn good start would be to head on over to /fit/ and start lifting/exercising. It only has benefits, and once you do it consistently for like two weeks it's not hard at all, and eventually you won't even want to skip a workout. After that, work on getting a job if you don't already have one. If you have one, maybe work on getting an education for an even better job, or work on figuring out what you want to do in your life.
>>
>>17473003
>Well you gotta work to get that willpower, discipline, and motivation bub.
I have too little of it now. I have tried to try harder but can't improve at all.

Regarding lifting I lifted pretty well for 6 months and always wanted to quit. I even started twice. It never got easier and I never got any enjoyment or reward from it despite becoming significantly larger and stronger.
>>
>>17472974
I don't have that kind of job and have no chance of getting one.
I tried university twice but that was impossible to force myself to do. If I had passed I couldn't have gotten some kind of nice job.
>>
>>17473059
To clarify. When I say that I don't have that kind of job I mean that I can't just work more and get more money. I'm a mailman and get my pile of stuff everyday and then do it.

When I was talking about rewards several years away I meant like when I tried to study. I dropped our and to get something that isn't an entry-level, dead-end job I'd probably have to study first.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.