[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get rid of my insecurities? I'm 27, never had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: oOlr2lo.jpg (47KB, 939x724px) Image search: [Google]
oOlr2lo.jpg
47KB, 939x724px
How do I get rid of my insecurities?

I'm 27, never had a girlfriend, always working out, I'm always a good person to everyone, and yet I still can't get anywhere in life. It's driving me to suicide. I want to see a therapist about it, but I just feel it's going to be another waste of money that won't help me at all.
>>
>>17472339
>I want to see a therapist about it, but I just feel it's going to be another waste of money that won't help me at all.
Therapy wouldn't hurt. Just go into it with an open mind--it won't change anything over night.

>always working out, I'm always a good person to everyone, and yet I still can't get anywhere in life
That's considered 'bare minimum' to most people and isn't something that should be applauded. Do you work? Are you going to school?

I get the feeling that you're very down on yourself and it shows. Therapy will help you love yourself so that others can love you too.
>>
>>17472339

two pieces of advice here.

the first: validate yourself. acknowledge the good you do. notice that 'good' does not mean 'the things you do that no one else can or has done'. it just means the good. if you never acknowledge the success, eve nthe little ones, than you are going to feel stagnant for your entire life. take pride in what you have done with your body.

in a video game there are multiple levels for a reason. cuz they dont want you feeling miserable half way through. with each level yuo complete you get a small victory on your way to the big one.

take your small victories OP. know that no one out there cares about whats the best. there is no 'the best' when they think of other people. jsut whats good and whats bad, and you have a lot of good.

the second, stop rejecting ideas before trying them. you know this problem is ruining you and tearing your brain apart but you're not willign to fix it cuz losing excess money is apparently worse than living with this for the rest of your life.

consider that for a second. you could try to fix this, but you'd rather just know the moneys there for something else that DEFINITELY wont fix it, as opposed to being spent on therapy that might.

think about it.
>>
>>17472339
Im sorry to hear that OP. But before contemplating suicide know that it cant be worse than it is now. Your at your lowest now, all you can do is go up.

Having a girlfriend wont automatically answer your problems and if you fall into a abusive relationship you will be even more depressed.

I can see that you have a good soul in you anon. Life isnt fair, but that doesn't mean we cant all get what we want.

What a therapist will do will try and find the underlying problems of your situation, Are you dissatisfied with your life because your not feeling fulfilled. Maybe you need to re evaulate your life and find what it is that you lack in your life. You need something to pursue instead of always being so negative. you probably never developed any real hobbies and are now feeling worthless.

i believe nobody is worthless, everyone has some form of worth. Take therapy as a last option. What do you mean when you say you cant get anywhere in life? give me some examples.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.