[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, Currently in the process of going "cold turkey"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: withdrawal.jpg (180KB, 638x424px) Image search: [Google]
withdrawal.jpg
180KB, 638x424px
Hi,

Currently in the process of going "cold turkey" on SSRI inhibitors. I'm not sure what to do to make it easier, no vomiting so far, I just feel like like my brain is getting electroshocks, losing track of time, sweating as fuck, nausea. I can't tell when exactly I've stopped taking Seroxat, 30mg, about a week ago, +/-1 day. My motor functions are reduced a decent amount, I can tell because I've been playing a guitar every day since coming off as a reference to previous days, I'm missing a lot more notes and playing much slower.

Does anyone have any similar expiriences in the past with this? How long is this going to last, considering I've been around 3 years on Zoloft and last 6 months on Seroxat? What the fuck have I gotten myself in?

As dumb as it was to go cold turkey on this, I can't stop now, I don't want to waste another 6 months reducing the dose marginally every other week, I just have my reasons for going off SSRI inhibs. My fucking brains feel like mashed potatoes right now and I have exams to prepare. Googling this shit basically tells you that you're going to have to sell your soul to the devil to start feeling fine again, which I personally think it's kind of an exaggeration.

Any advice?
>>
File: image.png (867KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
867KB, 1136x640px
You're an idiot enjoy fucking your endocrine system because you think you're smarter than a doctor who could actually help you safely taper off meds or get new ones

Its stupidity like yours that gives SSRIs such a bad rep
>>
>>17472372

I don't need "safely" and I don't need "taper off" I need it flushed A.S.A.P.

ASAP implies you cut some corners, I am not smarter than a doctor and you're not smarter than a fucking retard, because even fucking retards can connect the two dots that need connecting here.
>>
>>17472426
You do realize that you can cause some serious, permanent harm to your body by cutting drugs like this cold turkey, right? There is no "cutting corners" with this shit.
>>
>>17472306
No advice, just good luck. Hope it doesn't fuck you up. I went codl turkey on Zoloft and it felt like death. Woke up screaming in the middle of the night, my bed soaked from full-body sweats. I'd rather die than have another night terror.

Was a horrible enough experience to make me just man up and deal with my anxiety. I
will never touch meds again.
>>
>>17472306
>Googling this shit basically tells you that you're going to have to sell your soul to the devil to start feeling fine again
I googled it too and I didn't really get that from it. anyway, SSRI withdrawal usually lasts a few weeks. if you'd read what's there instead of only paying attention to the parts you didn't like, you'd know that.

I went cold turkey off zoloft after taking it for two years. it sucked. I had shakes and crawling sensations under my skin for a couple weeks. I don't remember much other than that because it was a long time ago (the 90s). but I do remember thinking at the time that I should just quit them because they weren't helping. and at the time I decided to stop the zoloft, I was already not thinking straight in general, so I don't expect that my decision to stop it cold was made rationally.

look OP, I wouldn't want to spend 6 months tapering off a med either. but I would have to think that even a more sudden taper, like a month or two, would have to be better than just stopping them suddenly.

personally if I were in the same situation, knowing what I know now, I'd call the doctor and let them know what was going on. if they recommended going back on zoloft then tapering off, I would stress very strongly to them that I want to taper off as quickly as possible. then try to follow their instructions, but if the taper isn't going fast enough for you, don't just up and quit. just taper faster.

tl;dr, if you don't want the effects of quitting cold turkey, then don't quit cold turkey. if you don't want to taper off, it's going to be a couple weeks.
>>
>>17472767
>but if the taper isn't going fast enough for you, don't just up and quit. just taper faster.
samefagging to add, if you do this, be aware that you're doing it at your own risk. doctors don't just randomly decide how long it takes to taper off, those timetables are based on research.
>>
>>17472426
You dont flush drugs like this out of your body, it will cause serious harm. SSRIs are specifically meant not to flush or stop quickly. Take the educated opinion and stop acting like an entitled dipshit.
>>
>>17472306
>SSRI inhibitors
Did you pay for them by using your PIN number at the ATM machine? Are you reading this information on a LCD display, or did you save the file as a PDF format first? Has your HIV virus developed into full blown AIDS syndrome yet?
>>
>>17472306
I've done this. Its not a good idea, especially if you're driving. You'll probably notice you feel a bit disoriented each time you get an electroshock so don't drive or do anything that requires carefulness while you're doing this. Personally I recommend weening off- at the very least, go to a half dose each day for 3-5 days, and then go cold turkey.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.