[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >have mental illness (Bipolar, Borderline, PTSD,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1466782448125.gif (1MB, 367x330px) Image search: [Google]
1466782448125.gif
1MB, 367x330px
>be me
>have mental illness (Bipolar, Borderline, PTSD, extreme Social Anxiety)
>go to a "psych eval"
>try and talk about things like psychosis and dissociation
>Accused of "intellectualism" and told to just talk about what I'm feeling
So is the doctor right or is she being a condescending cunt for me talking about my psych problems with correct terminology
>>
>>17471312
I wouldn't take it personally. Even if she is wrong to assume that you're doing so, a lot of people use medical terminology incorrectly because they learned it on google or some shit, and it helps to keep things unambiguous.

Or maybe she's just being a cunt. But then again, feeling like things are personal insults is part of BPD isn't it?
>>
>>17471335
I mean I've been dealing with this shit basically my entire life, I've looked up a thing or two about it, why shouldn't I use the right vocabulary that comes to be naturally at this point.
>>
>>17471335
Not OP, but what you said really makes me think I may have BPD. My younger sister was diagnosed with it a few years ago and it runs in our family. I already have fucking Tourettes though that would be fucked if I had more shit wrong with my brain. I do take things a bit personally at times though and I feel as though sometimes I go through what may be described as manic and depressive phases. I don't like blaming my actions on something I can't control though. I like owning up to my actions and taking responsibility.
>>
>>17471351
OP here, right, I forgot to add in the fact that I have tourettes
and the tics get piled on with paranoia and it chain reacts. it's a fucking nightmare combo
>>
>>17471312
No lol. Your psych is just doing their job trying to make you function like a normie. Let them do it.
>>
>>17471312

Don't act like you know everything.

Don't always say what you think.

KEEP YOUR FUCKING MOUTH SHUT.

Until they ask what symptoms you have.

You can then get a proper diagnoses, the right meds and the proper therapy.

I used to be just like you and all it does it confuse the doctor and stall your getting better.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET HIM DO THIS JOB.
>>
>>17471359
Shit man that sounds rough. I know when I am stressed out my tics can be pretty bad. It was a lot worse when I was younger though. I used to chew up my lip and move my jaw around weird to where it caused an abscess on each side. They put me on prozac to help for the longest time. I haven't taken any meds though since I started college. So been 8 years without any meds at all. Got tired of the weight gain side effect, but the big thing was I got my first gf in college and the sexual side effects were just unacceptable. I kind of just went off my meds without telling anyone. Bad I know, but fuck those side effects. I have learned to deal with the tics on my own.
>>
>>17471312
who diagnosed you with these "mental illnesses?"
>>
>>17471410
psych hospitals

>>17471390
I've been dealing with the mental illness for like 5 years. all i did was research it. I don't know everything, all I did was say "I dissociate a lot" and "my psychosis is really light but at one point is was severe"
>>
and when I accidentally said "disasociate" instead of "dissociate" she was kindof a snooty bitch and said "I'm gonna ignore that typo"
>>
She's not being condescending. She's telling you that she is here to help you, and that you don't have to do her job in her absence anymore.
>>
>>17471440
Typo? Are you having therapy sessions online? Stop paying for that now and go see a therapist with solid ethics and conscientiousness.
>>
>>17471447
no, this was in person. like who the fuck corrects that shit IRL, and a fat nigger at that.
>>
>>17471447
This. It may not be productive to use scientific terms for the reasons laid out here >>17471335
but your therapist sounds very condescending. I wouldn't want to spend any amount of time with him.
>>
>>17471426

Then go see a fresh shrink or check yourself into a inpatient facility and say you just tried to hang yourself with a belt and your mom/dad caught you.

They'll diagnose you with everything you want.
>>
>>17471458
I am diagnosed. I'm guessing the psych's only job in this state is too see what your mood is and adjust your meds.
>>
>>17471440
>I dissociate a lot
Sometimes, I feel like my head... (describe what you feel)
>my psychosis is really light but at one point is was severe
I used to experience episodes where I felt ... (describe what you felt)

This is much more productive.
>>
>>17471467
also she literally said "the way to stop dissociating is to just stop dissociating"
>>
>>17471351
Fortunately BPD responds really well to behavioral therapy, so you can get it taken care of. And if you do have it you should because generally people with untreated BPD are super hard on people close to them
>>
>>17471471
the lack of understanding around dissociation is not rare

she phrased that wrong but has a point. trying to be grounded and reduce stress will lessen the dissiciation.

>>17471472
Yeah. I'm very hard on people once I know their flaws. If the flaw does the slightest damage to others I attack it. This has served me both very well and very poorly, you know what they say about choosing your battles. Sometimes people genuinely can't help the way they are at the moment, and need peace. Only some are intentionally hurting others, a minority.
>>
>>17471345

because you're an uneducated sick patient. I work in the ER and hate this shit.

medical terminology is it's own language with contexts and situational applications.

stop it. you're a lay person, talk like one. You just look stupid.
>>
>>17471516
>stupid
>confusing education with intelligence to be a snob
>>
>>17471516
>you're not a doctor therefor you can know nothing
>>
>trusting in OP who has admitted to having a bunch of mental disorders from registered "psych hospitals"
>not trusting the paid professional with experience dealing in similar cases

/b/ makes memes about tumblr self-diagnosis but sometimes this fucking board must attract the same crowd.

Listen to the fucking shrink, you went there for help so stop thinking you're doing them a favour by being there. Your mental state is not uncommon and they have dealt with cases similar to your own. Explain how you feel, do not use buzzwords or specific scientific terminology. Literally answer the questions as truthfully as you can.
>>
>>17471463

What you need is 200 MG of Lamictal and fucking DBT therapy for your BPD; I'm speaking from experience since I'm in DBT myself.

As for dissociating; when I hit a certain stress threshold, I'm an entirely different person. I literally don't give a fuck about anything or anyone; I fuck any grillz I can, I steal anything I think I can get away with, I criminally speed everywhere and get into all kinds of trouble.

When I come back down, I have to deal with all the fallout I caused. I've lost every girlfriend, friend and job due to this but I finally stopped due to the right meds and the right therapy.
>>
>>17471570
right now I'm on
50mg lamictal
75mg effexor
30mg thorazine
6mg xanax
200ng trazadone
>>
>>17471581

Too many meds with too many different side effects making you worse in the end.

That's just plain carpet bombing.

Lamictal, Zoloft and Xanax (as needed, not fucking slamming) is where I would start.

If your anxiety is constand then you need Valium.

I get 10 MG, four times a day (as needed) and after start the Lamictal three months ago I take maybe two or three a week.

You need a therapist and group therapy.

Just taking meds isn't going to fix you.

You're out of excuses; you have the information from someone who's 30 and was just diagnosed with BPD last year and I'm already made significant progress.

I also think many of your other issues are psychosomatic.

Good luck, comrade.
>>
>>17471611
I do have therapy and am starting to get into group therapy, as for my other issues, Bipolar is genetic, PTSD is PTSD, and tourettes started before I knew anything about anything
>>
>>17471312

Hi OP, psych nurse here

She might assume that you don't know what psychosis and disassociate mean, since those are very heavy terms to throw around. If this person is smart, and recognizes that you are smart, then things will go well. If you can't develop a rapport with this person, than find a new one. There are plenty of fakes out there that go batshit when their judgement is questioned. Only time will tell, but I'm just saying don't waste time with someone who doesn't know very much.

also, you sound like me. I've got the ptsd, the manic depression, the weird tics, paranoia, social anxiety with thought broadcasting, hang in there anon!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.