[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here quitting the booze? >Last time I stopped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1370225834714.jpg (478KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1370225834714.jpg
478KB, 1280x800px
Anyone else here quitting the booze?

>Last time I stopped drinking, I stayed awake for two nights straight, watching hallucinations on the back of my eyelids, and sort of tripping.
>I started again, because I started a new job that was intensely stressful, and I have severe anxiety and PTSD that I try to keep at least partially hidden to fit in to society.
>I feel remorse that I have already damaged my brain by going through withdrawal once. I'm fucked up enough without further damage to the poor bastard. I'm tapering off with vodka, and in a good place mentally. just wanted to get that off my chest, because i have no one to talk to about what's going on in my life.
>>
Hey man, Papa /adv/ is always around to lend an ear.
A lot of people will tell you what's right and wrong so I'll just say, that sounds fucking tough. The best of luck with it. How are you coping at work?
>>
>>17471231

I'm surviving, no one's complaining about me, so I'm good so far, thanks lol
>>
Hey man, I am proud of you. Doesn't bear much weight coming from some anonymous ass on the internet, but I know the pain/numbness of it all
>>
>>17471168
I'm an alcoholic; all I can say is hang in there, and life is better when you're not damaging yourself with the bottle. It's stupid hard to quit if you're a real drunk, and given your description ofor your withdrawal problems, you probably are.

I don't like AA, personally, but I did find the face-to-face support of a roomful of drunks helpful during my first few dry months. There are other support groups too, and I recommend them. Being in a room with people who understand and are very sympathetic is powerful.
>>
>>17471168
Holy shit dude, with all the 20 year olds on this board I expected the usual "I'm gonna stop drinking three beers on saturday" bullshit, not some real shit with DTs. Respect for starting to turn a severe problem around.

Have you considered seeing a doctor to get a controlled regimen of benzos for tapering? I guess if you have the willpower to taper with vodka all the more power to you, but it still might be safer and more sustainable to have a more quantifiable method.

Also, don't feel bad about the supposed brain damage. You'll damage your brain more if you keep drinking. When I worked in a neuroscience lab we used ethanol to kill the brain cells off our samples.

I hope you can find support. I know AA can be a cult sometimes but everyone I know who's had a problem (not just with alcohol) has found it valuable at the very least as a place to meet friends who know about addiction and do other things than drink. Good luck man.
>>
OP here

Yeah, I was so in denial, I didn't think I was going to have any withdrawal symptoms. I didn't think it was a lot of booze honestly, and i never drank before work.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.