[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a few days ago while walking to the convenience store I witnessed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1471228520455.jpg (33KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
1471228520455.jpg
33KB, 496x372px
So a few days ago while walking to the convenience store I witnessed this guy crossing the street getting hit by a van that was going fast as fuck. I ran over to see him and as I looked at his mangled and clearly dead body and while calling the cops I couldn't help but perceive this event as something out of the action movies. You know, like, I wasn't traumatized at all. So fucking weird.

Even now, I don't feel disgusted or traumatized by that event. Is this normal? I mean, I am normal, I don't have any mental illnesses. It seems as if I'm not able to percive it as a truly real event. Is it just a coping mechanism?
>>
>>17471149
Definitely a coping mechanism. Just don't think to much harder about it before it actually sets in.

>but fucking topkek for pic
>>
>>17471149
Intriguing. Maybe you're just a boss?
>>
>>17471149
>Is this normal?
Generally, yes. You don't know the guy. It would probably be very different if it were someone you genuinely cared about. People in these situations that start screaming/crying are mostly just startled from shock, like a very young child hearing a loud noise.
>>
>>17471149
Just coping bro. Your brain allows you to do what you need to do in the moment rather than freaking the fuck out and screaming like a retard. It'll probably hit you slowly.
>>
>>17471149
Yeah man I've experienced some shit like that, accidents, violence, whatever, and felt pretty much the same. Everyone reacts differently but it's pretty common for it to not hit you for the first few days.

Last month I visited my grandpa on his deathbed, and we weren't close but seeing him in such bad shape begging to die was pretty upsetting; thing is, it didn't really get to me right then and there, it just kind of hit me weeks later when I was hanging out with my friends and one of them said something that reminded me of him saying "please help me die." Emotional response is weird like that.

And yeah it always seems surreal when shit goes down. Sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping I wake up and think "holy shit [thing] really happened" and it floors me for like 10 minutes.
>>
>>17471149

honestly it'll just be a coping mechanism. i know realistically itll be fucking impossible but you should try and just keep it out of mind before you overthink it and make yourself upset.
>>
I used to work in an office building that faced a major interstate. I was looking out my window one day, watched a dude get pulled over, and as the cop was walking around to the car another car jetted over into the fast lane, going way to fast (over 100mph, I later heard), and struck and killed that cop on the spot
It was by far the most horrific thing I'd ever witnessed. But I was like you, it didn't affect me much at least at first, it actually took me quite a while to really hit me. About a month later I had a nightmare basically reliving that, and it wasn't until then did I really stop and really think about what I witnessed.

Even still though, I wouldn't say it traumatized me. Yeah it was horrific to see, but it wasn't anyone I knew, and the world kept turning. Watching someone die is never fun, but even watching someone die in a horrific way doesn't necessarily have to scar you for life.

Did the driver at least stop? You ever hear what the whole story was, like was he drunk or texting?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.