[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off to a prestigious college, majoring in biology, but have always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Off to a prestigious college, majoring in biology, but have always been an artistic kind of guy.

What the fuck do I do? Do I really have to be stuck doing some degree I don't even have a passion for? Is this everyone?
>>
>>17471112

You'll have many prospects there's no doubt, more than the average person. Ask yourself this, do you want to live in certainty, or uncertainty?
>>
>>17471115
that's a rather tricky question, but a life of uncertainty pursuing art/film is dangerous financially.

I did bio because I know STEM is useful, and it's the most interesting field to me in the area. However, this is certainly not going to make me happy in the long run.
>>
>>17471127
>I did bio because I know STEM is useful

Biology isn't STEM.

Biology is the type of major people go into that are too stupid to get into proper stem.
It is overcrowded and the job market is way smaller than for other stem majors (also the pay is way worse).

I don't mean to shit on your parade or anything, but Biology is not the major for you if you want to do stem/study something to get a great job.
>>
>>17471144
>>17471127

The fact that it's a prestigious college will have a LOT of bearing on where you can go once you finish your course.

You can pursue art/film on the side can you not? I'm in a very similar situation to you, but I don't know how I would go about beginning to break into the film industry
>>
>>17471169
>The fact that it's a prestigious college will have a LOT of bearing on where you can go once you finish your course.
>prestigious college

That can mean a lot and nothing..
>>
Art is one of those things you're good at or you aren't. Doing a useful major at a good college is not the death of your passions, my friend, it's what will fund them! To pick a comparable stream I know more about - how many comedians do you suppose studied Comedy at uni? Not a fucking one. And some of them dealt with prestige at a high level - many household names in the UK went to Oxbridge and did STEM, or History, or English, or any variety of unrelated courses. They nurtured their passions in their downtime.

The connections you make now will be more useful than changing course, no doubt. Have courage OP, I believe.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.