[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long did it take for your boyfriend or girlfriend to tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 275623563285.jpg (8KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
275623563285.jpg
8KB, 500x351px
How long did it take for your boyfriend or girlfriend to tell you they loved you, /adv/? What were the circumstances surrounding their confession? What about the other way around? And how long is too long to wait for someone to say these words and is it unreasonable to leave someone because they never say them to you?
>>
My ex (dated 2.5 years) said it to me like a week after we started dating, via text.

I've dated this girl for about a month now and I'm almost ready to say it... But seems really quick.
>>
Gf waited for me to say it, but was ready to say it roughly 2 months before I did. I ended up saying it roughly 6-7 months into our relationship, when she was enduring something difficult for my sake. I was already thinking about it by the time the event was happening but at that moment it became crystal clear for me, so I felt the time was right and said it.

I think around the half year to 8 months is the sweet spot, I'd expect to know a person enough after 8 or so months to know whether I love them and wish to continue the relationship or not.
>>
2 exes said it within a month of dating, 1 ex said it 2 days after to try and get some sex. I've never said it because I've never really felt it. It should come naturally, not forced
>>
Interesting, can anyone answer this question in the context of a long distance relationship?
>>
>>17471090
1 year with first long term gf
3 months but during orgasm with second long term gf
>>
>>17471090
Is telling someone you love them that big of a deal? I tell my friends I love them all the time, male and female.
>>
>>17471306
My significant other who i met last year about this time texted it to me about 4-5 months in. Then about 3-4 weeks after that we started saying it over phone. We're still together
>>
>>17471848
I can't be with someone who isn't able to tell me they love me, anon. :(
>>
>>17471090

There are exceptions but 3-5 months is a reasonable sweet spot to have it said.

If someone tells you that a few weeks after meeting you, or more than a year of dating, red flags abound and they probably have issues larger than your relationship, and it's up to you whether you want to deal with them or not (which you are in no way obligated to do, and the nature of which something most people have to deal with on their own anyway).
>>
>>17471090
I waited 3 months (we had been best friends before we started dating for a while) before I couldn't help but confess I loved him on my doorstep after he walked me home. I stuttered a lot and was a mess about it because he takes that kind of thing really seriously and I was worried he wouldn't feel the same way but to my surprise he pulled me in for a hug and told me he loved me with all his heart. In a couple months we'll be celebrating our second anniversary. A person will just feel it when its the right time if it is really love.
>>
I rushed into a few prior relationships. I told girls that I loved them when I wasn't really sure, but this girl was special. I wanted us to have a long lasting relationship and to take thing slow. At three months I was ready to say it but refrained because I wasn't sure how she felt. On our fourth month I caught her murmuring under her breath that she loved me but never announced it audibly . I knew exactly how she felt.

During our fourth month, a kid at our school died. We saw how many of his peers never really cared about him and only did so when it was fashionable. We noticed not only how life could end at any moment, and then you're gone. It made both of us feel uneasy how he was being treated by those who pretended to be his friend and the preacher who tried to capitalize on his death by condemning others to go to church more. That night we stayed up for a long time. My parents wanted me home and I kept delaying it because I didn't want to leave her. We inched farther towards my car as we talked, the fog so thick that it made our skin stick and our breath heavy. When we finally made it there, she held on to me and wouldn't let go. It reminded me of the first night that we were together and she didn't know how to ask to kiss me. She held me and I held her until we finally let loose of our inhibitions. As she held me tightly she told me that she loved me, and it had taken me by surprise. She said that she doesn't want me to go another day without sharing how she feels because she may never know if something happens to either of us.

As she waited for a response, I held her tightly, picked her up and rested her legs on my hips. I told her how I felt the same way. That I loved her dearly. It was hard for me not to give in and tell her early, but I was so scared that she wouldn't feel the same and she would find it meaningless. I wanted to wait for the right time. As I drove home, I couldn't help but smile since the second that we last kissed goodbye.

[1/2]
>>
>>17472234

That following Valentine's Day, I wrote her a card enveloped in at least 200 "I love you"'s that apologized for making her wait so long.

Looking back on it, It was nice. I wouldn't change it if I had the chance. Words are nothing but sounds, it's the meaning behind the sounds that make a difference. To some, certain words hold more depth and meaning that they do to others. To her, the word "I love you" means something because we both had used restraint until we were absolutely sure that we meant what it said.

Take it slow, anon.
>>
>>17472250
That was beautiful, thank you.
>>
>>17471306
Probably uncommon, but we jokingly said it from the start of us just being friends and talking (first day), within a week we were actually saying it and meaning it. Kind of a grey line. Say it in passing, instead of flat out telling her. Just throw it into conversation.
>>
>>17471090
1st boyfriend said it after 2 weeks. We had been together for 6 years.
2nd boyfriend has implied it, but never said it. We've been dating for 4 months.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.