[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you manage nervousness and remain calm when in stressful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: nervous.jpg (164KB, 960x1231px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
164KB, 960x1231px
How do you manage nervousness and remain calm when in stressful situations? The deep breathing techniques don't work for me.
>>
Just get a grip and stop being such a little bitch.
>>
>>17470780
some people just can't do that anon. you should know better. are you retarded?
>>
>>17470780
>get a grip
That What I'd like to learn how to do, anon-kun.
>>
Curl into fetal position and close your eyes. Think about your happy place.

Carry a tiny book of calm with you and take a read at times of distress.

Imagine other people naked and crying little bitches, if they stress you out.

Take deeper breaths.

Pretend that you are a god and can do anything.

Say to yourself nothing matters. Because nothing really matters. What's the point of getting nervous anyway.
>>
have you tried xanax?

maybe some positive affirmation daily
>>
>>17470751
What works for me is to note things down, get the clutter out of my head and onto paper.
I write
1) all possible outcomes of the situation
2) how do I feel about each outcome
3) what outcome/result I'm yearning for
4) what obstacles am I facing
5) what am I going to do regarding each obstacle

With the words in front of me it usually clears my mind and helps me gain perspective on the situation. Over time I've learned to do this in my head to stay calm, but at times I go back to pen and paper.

This has worked for me on all kinds of stressful occasions, hope it'll do the same for you!
>>
Http://www.Recoveryinternational.org

Teaches a method to deal with nervous symptoms. The book is at libraries or Amazon. Mental Health Through Will Training. One of the tools I use is to tell myself that nervous symptoms are distressing but not dangerous
>>
Learn to ride along with the nervousness, accept that it is there
>>
>>17471093
>>17471103
I sincerely thank you for your help, but I think you misunderstood my problem. I don't suffer from anxiety. I'm just trying to kill basic nervousness. Like, the other day I was at a Street Fighter tournament and I made it to semi-finals and I was nervous so I choked. I think if I stayed calm I could have won. Or another time, I was at a job interview and I couldn't really function well because I was nervous. That sort of nerve. Not ptsd anxiety shit. Just average nervousness.
>>17471108
Thank you so much. I will definitely give this method a try.
>>
File: image.png (120KB, 407x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120KB, 407x509px
My therapist taught me a technique called grounding
>>
File: image.jpg (275KB, 1142x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 1142x1300px
>>17470751
Become a carpenter ! That way you won't be a little bitch anymore !
>>
>>17470751
We've all been there OP. The Anxiety kicks in, your blood rate increases, you feel your heart beat throbbing behind your chest, you stiffen and tighten up, you sweat slightly hoping nobody notices or takes a care about you in the background.

There is no other way around it, you must own the moment. You cant let your emotions control you or else you entire life will be filled of moments that could of been and be filled with regret.

Next time you are in a stressful situation i want you to stop and think for a minute before becoming anxious, just pause and remain calm and think of the positive side of the situation. Overthinking can lead to even greater anxiety. In fact dont think at all, just be. I remain calm by looking deep down into myself and asking myself not what the right thing to do is.

Just know that everyone is as nervous as you some people are just better at hiding it than you, nobody is certain about anything. remember that anon, god bless. Nothing is as bad as you make it out to be. Its all in your head
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.