[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be starting my own business as a game/hobby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: pic related.jpg (161KB, 783x443px) Image search: [Google]
pic related.jpg
161KB, 783x443px
I'm going to be starting my own business as a game/hobby shop and I'm trying to avoid pic related here in type neckbeardry.
I want to make a place more suited to not sitting elbow-to-elbow at dingey tables playing only M:tG.
I mean sure I want to sell it but still I want to also let people play whatever TTRPG they want their buddies and all.
I also wanted to sell off some Gunpla on the side and other plastic that people aren't willing to sell around here.
Another thing is I'm wondering if I should contact by email to retailers like GamesWorkshop, Wizards of the Cost, and Bandai and all that to get products in.

What do you think /adv/ should I just submit to doing typical neckbeard gathering type stuff or try to do something different?
>>
>>17470519

lol you have no idea what you're doing do you
>>
>tfw you also want to do nerd things without pandering to turbo needs

Thanks, Grimm, for giving these beings a proper term. I'm starting to hate that I even got "lightly" into video games, comic books, and sci-fi. It's like people can't do these things and also hold their spaghetti at the same time.
>>
>>17470547

dunno what you're talking about, maybe you're projecting
>>
There's a small company in my town that has been doing just about what you describe. They're a video game store, with retro stuff. They have three rentable game stations. One with a closed room, electric power couch, the whole nine. And then a few free standing couches/tv setups. They have a back room with tables where they host different tournaments, and allow table top games.

Gamer's HQ is the store. Maybe they wouldn't mind helping out if it means their image gets a bigger spreading.
>>
I know nothing about business and little knowledge with these card/board type games, I should tell you that right off, so this is just coming from a customer's perspective. Idk if any of this is a sound idea from a business standpoint,
but one thing I can think of is if your building can accommodate it, having a separate room/section for players and such, and maybe hosting events at certain times/days with different games.
Like have it roped off or blocked off during the regular shop time if you want to avoid turbos from just loitering all day, and have "monday night magic" and "tuesday night DND" "Friday night open gaming (for whatever you want to play)" etc. That will at least open you up for a variety of customers/players. Plus it will give you a view of what type of customers you have. Maybe you have a fuck ton of people on magic night, but only a handful on DND night. You can stock your store accordingly.

Place in my home town does something similar, they seem to do alright. Eventually they reserved their room on Saturday nights for private parties, so they make even more money renting the room to nerds for private parties.
>>
Its vital for your success tbqh. My local card shop has signed outside like MAGIC PLAYED HERE and such. Your going to deter a lot of customers without it
>>
>>17470519
Make it a cafe/game shop, normies will come and things will be normal.
>>
>>17470519
Like in anime, only the cringecore people actually spend enough money in it, so you have to pander to them, moderate people dont spend half their paycheck on that stuff
>>
>>17470519
It's as easy as setting up a culture based on the type of shit you want to see. Obviously not advertising Magic games will ensure that you don't get that crowd.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.