[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /adv/, I have to give in my two weeks on Saturday for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1449789326344.jpg (30KB, 369x292px) Image search: [Google]
1449789326344.jpg
30KB, 369x292px
Help me /adv/, I have to give in my two weeks on Saturday for a job I've had for a month. How do I do it in a way that least pisses off the managers?
>>
>>17469263
Why does it matter? You're leaving anyways. I mean think of it logically if they literally pick on you it's only 2 weeks then you're free. Good luck, Senpai

-ikaika
>>
>>17469263
Why bother? It's not like you can use that experience on a resume, anyway. It'd hurt you in the long run to admit that you worked somewhere for only a month.

If it were me, I'd just not show up. Just make sure it's at the end of a pay period, so you're not waiting around on a final check.
>>
>>17469269
The problem is, if I leave without two weeks warning, I'll be put on a "don't rehire" list and I want to keep the option open in the future. I'm not quitting because I hate the job, I'm quitting because I won't have time to work during the school year, and since this is my last year I can probably pick up the job again when it's over.
>>
>>17469263
>>17469290
It's going to piss them off either way, so it really doesn't matter what you do. Just do it how you'd do it in any other circumstance
>>
>>17469290
Then ask to speak to a manager in private and tell them:

>I am really sorry about this, but I have to put in my two weeks notice today. I have had to add more classes to my schedule to graduate in time, and I'm not going to be able to commit to the job. I'm sorry to put you in this position.

Then on your last day of work, talk to the manager again and say:

>Thank you for being understanding about my departure. I would want to work here again in the future when school is out of the way. Will I be eligible for rehire in the future?
>>
I've worked summer jobs where I quit for school and my bosses have always been supportive and understanding. Granted, they knew I was a student from the start and I think assumed I would only be around for the summer. Just be upfront, honest, apologetic, and gracious.
>>
>>17469314
Thanks, this is basically my situation. All the managers know I'm a student, so they probably won't be super upset. I know they'll probably be annoyed a bit, but hopefully they're understanding.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.