[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my friend is suicidal how do I try talking him out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

I think my friend is suicidal how do I try talking him out of it if he brings up the subject? I don't want to be preachy and I know that in the end it's his decision but he's brought it up before and I think he wants to talk to me about it tonight. He said he wants to talk to me for a long time about something later and I'm dreading it being that. He's younger than me by a good couple of years so I just keep seeing it as wasted potential and I have tried in the past to tell him he should give life some time.
>>
Listen. Really listen. Don't dismiss his pain as something that will pass or try to reassure him with promises that his life will get better. Show that you are willing to be an active participant in his recovery and that you will actually support him instead of sticking around out of some sense of obligation hoping I'll just get over it.

Also after the talk Invite him to places. Sure he might say no, but it really helps to know that people want him around. Also, just being around helps (assuming you're not being an asshole). Not to talk about his feelings or anything just to chill with the guy like a friend should.
>>
>>17468730

>wants to talk someone out of something

Oh grow up. It's not the end of your world, but the end of theirs. And it's their decision, not yours.
>>
>>17468741
Solid advice thank you. I have always tried to listen instead of just hearing.

>>17468748
No. I'm selfish and I care about them. If they decide to go through with it I will try not to be bitter and I will eventually 'grow up' and move on but I'm not content to just let it happen if maybe they really just need someone to talk to and be with.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.