[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found out today that I'm making sharply less money than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1460927700219.gif (502KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1460927700219.gif
502KB, 160x160px
I found out today that I'm making sharply less money than I should be. I'll admit, I was very excited about my promotion, and didn't stand up for myself hard enough in the negotiation process - mainly because they gave me the position without having to interview.

I literally found out that the guy I'm going to hire is likely going to make just $1,000 per year less than me. It just so happens today that a headhunter called me to interview for a position that will make $20,000 or so more.

But I love the people that I work with, and especially my flexibility. Unlimited vacation, work from home days, boss loves me and stays off my back, a bunch of free dinners, etc.

Is money worth leaving? Or should I suck it up?
>>
If you 3 to 5 years of experience then you leave until then stay. Once you stockpile experience you shift to another position quite quickly with a significant pay increase.
>>
Make your boss aware of the offer you received and see if you can negotiate for better pay. It's possible that the firm you're with just can't afford to pay you so much, but you should stand up for yourself and show how valuable you are. My guess is, if your boss likes you, he'll be receptive to negotiating for better pay. $20K is a lot so I doubt he'll match, but I'd say it might be worth working for $10K less a year if you like where you work.
So yeah, I'd say try to negotiate for higher pay, and then decide how much money you're willing to sacrifice to work somewhere you enjoy.

I should also make it clear, though, that I'm not talking from experience. I'm going off logic and second hand advice.
>>
>>17468293

I have 6 years of experience in the industry, a little under two years at this company.

>>17468312

It's not an official offer, but taking the time to interview and such would be a pain in my ass just for leverage... the other job doesn't seem as cool either, so were it not for the money, I'd be bailing on it.

Another note is that I signed on to this role three months ago, so I think my boss would laugh me out of the room for trying to negotiate that soon.

Thanks for letting me know that's second hand. I still appreciate it.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.