[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, How can I learn skateboarding most efficiently? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160730_104618.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160730_104618.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
Hi /adv/,

How can I learn skateboarding most efficiently? I was thinking about watching some videos from YouTube but I am not sure. Also where is the best place for learning this shit?
>>
You should be able to learn how to simply cruise around by yourself if you can ride a bike or a scooter. Beyond that, find someone to teach you, which can be as easy as going to a skate park and just asking the friendliest looking person there for help figuring something out. I learned how to skate a bowl by going to one and asking someone there how the fuck to use one. Find friends who skate, skate with them. You really can't learn via YouTube very much unless you're able to autistically analyze every slide and twitch of a person's foot.
>>
Skateboarding is one of the hardest things to learn.

Not only do you need to skate daily but you need to have a good mindset for failure and pain.

Cause your going to fail and hurt yourself alot.

first rule is commit. If youre scared you wont land anything.

When learning a trick break it down and try subtle foot variations. Wht works for some might not work for you.

Try different sized boards. Can help alot with flip tricks.

braille sskateboarding on youtube has a step by step guide to learning which goes from pushing all the way up to 360 inward heels. Maybe start there
And just try to have fun.
>>
>>17468217
You're right but I don't have any skateparks near my area because I live in a shithole middle east country, but I guess I will try make some friends if I see someone is skateboarding around here.

>>17468223
Thanks for the YouTube channel, I really want to learn, really appreciate your advice.

Also what environment is more good for learning, a big parking garage or outdoors for a newbie like me?
>>
>>17468251
Large open area like a bball or tennis court so you can get feel for it.
>>
could be easier to start with a longboard
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.