[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evening /adv/, not sure who to talk to about a breakup, naturally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: nigel-farage-moustache.jpg (110KB, 1368x1026px) Image search: [Google]
nigel-farage-moustache.jpg
110KB, 1368x1026px
Evening /adv/, not sure who to talk to about a breakup, naturally thought of you lot. Will add whatever info I think is relevant.

So I've been seeing a girl like a year and a half now. We've used the L word frequently, was all gucci really. Over the last few months (I say last few - probably starting January and escalating since) there have been problems arising in my mind. I know it's the honeymoon period ending or whatever but... yeah. So the problem is, in a nutshell, I'm just too immature. We're both in college, but she's ready to settle down as soon as we finish, pop out a few kids, the whole nine. To be honest, I want to study at postgraduate level, travel, live with my friends, and smoke a shit ton of reefer (something she's dead against). I love this girl - I did, at least, and I think I still do - but I'm always riddled with self doubt and the feeling I'll regret settling this early, which stokes the whole 'need to get out' feeling, and the cycle continues.

I've had relationships before but the longest was about 2 months, and I've never been the one to actually initiate a breakup. I have no fucking idea what to say, frankly. It's made worse by the fact that most of our conversations revolve around her saying how much she loves me and can't wait to have my kids (another problem - the conversation just doesn't really do anything to stimulate me anymore). There's no good time to blurt out "I think we should break up", and she's an emotional person, always saying how much she needs me etc. Any advice would be deeply appreciated. Pic unrelated.
>>
breaking up is always hard if you aren't an asshole.
I say rehearse what you'll say and whatever you do, DON'T BACKPEDAL.
get ready for the tears and try not to get too emotional, lest you say something you'd regret
>>
>>17468198
Thanks for the reply bud - I was thinking I may have to more or less script the whole thing, haha. Would the ol' cliche "we need to talk" text be appropriate beforehand, d'you think?
>>
>>17468184
What the fuck is the "L word"?
>>
Your fucked.
If a college girl wants kids and you think shes serious about it you are in too deep.
Just talk about your goals and her goals in life, look over the differences and thank make decisions, maybe she can lighten up, adjust to your needs, and maybe she can't in that case you will both come to a conclusion of parting ways.
>>
>>17468227
Lesbians
>>
>>17468215
ask her out for coffee or somewhere populated and well lit in case she flips out.
>>
>>17468227
Leprechauns, use your fucking imagination
>>17468228
Yeah I feel like I've left it so long at this point, I'm almost at the point of just doing it to spare the cringe
I was thinking I may have to bring this up in the conversation, I think it'd be fun being a dad but it isn't a priority for me at like 20 years old!
>>
>>17468238
I'd feel like a dick doing that because she'd be so emotional there'd be people staring and... Damn, that would be shit ya know? But I'm also aware that doing it at my house would lead to like a 2 hour conversation which I really don't want. Maybe a walk in the park or something? Full on Godfather her?
>>
>>17468227
It's a show on Showtime.
>>
>>17468231
>>17468244
I don't get it. You don't talk about lesbians? How is that relevant to anything?
>>
>>17468253
Different poster
>>
>>17468247
maybe it'd be best to go to get place then
>>
>>17468253
I'll give you a hint: it's a four letter word
>>
>>17468264
*her
>>
>>17468244
>Fun being dad.

My advice to you is to find someone who has a baby. not like a fresh born but a month or so. And ask them about their sleep schedule. You'll get the idea.

And it thats not enough to turn you off find someone with a toddler and check their ear for severe paranoia about their kids. As soon as kids can walk they look for ways to get themselves killed.

And it thats not enough find a single mom with a teenager. And have her ask the kid for a favor. And than watch the sperg ensue.

At no point in life are children fun. They are simply a necessity
>>
>>17468264
True enough bud, true enough. That way, too, she's in comfortable surroundings and I can say I've got to go meet a friend or something. Cheers
>>
>>17468269
Shit, yeah... That's a concern, I think I like the idea more than anything. I'm conscious that I've probably romanticised it a fair bit
>>
>>17468253
What are you retarded or something?

They guy clearly wants to have a FFM threesome and the easiest way to do that is to find some lesbians. So he needs to talk about it.
>>
>>17468274
But OP said it's a four letter word, assuming >>17468265 is OP.

Someone tell me what the fucking L word is already. If it's not lesbians. If it was lesbians then that was disappointing af.
>>
>>17468279
Wasn't my post pal, the L word being 'love' just to end this
>>
>>17468284
What is love?
>>
>>17468294
Baby don't hurt me.
>>
>>17468300
Don't hurt me, no more.
>>
>>17468184
op, completely unrelated question, but are you a fan of martin amis?
>>
>>17468311
....done?
That was worth the wait, cheers

Anyway, thanks for advice lads - so the vibe seems to be very much "break up and waste no fucking time". When term starts back I'll get on that, if I can not be a gigantic pussy
>>
well OP it also depends how old you are most guys dont mature till at least 25+ well ok most do. and girls mature faster than boys its a fact. plus women have the body clock thats ticking because once she hits 40 you wont be having kids because menopause will hit and also mean more chance of either multiple births or birth defects the closer she is to 40. if you make her wait she will resent you for it. stop thinking of yourself for once and put yourself in her shoes.
if you want to break up with her stop fucking around and just do it already so she can fuck somebody else and they can have a kid and you can be stuck in your misery of pot smoke and vidya games aND SOLITUDE
>>
>>17468323
Don't know him, sorry bud
>>
>>17468334
That's what I'm thinking, she's owed more than that. I'm quite happy being solitary and smoking pot all my life, sounds fucking ideal, and she wants none of that, so she doesn't have to.
>>
>>17468334
To follow on - she would resent me for not having kids and settling soon. But I'd resent it if I was forced into that decision as well. I don't want my life planned out for me based on that, I was so excited to leave home in the first place I want to taste freedom and the world a while longer, probably forever
>>
>>17468348
Tell her exactly that guy.
>>
>>17468377
Damn, good ol' truth wins the day again. Thanks anon - and all other anons, this thread has actually helped me a lot
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.