[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my friends circle pretty much whithered away. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1394739854109.jpg (743KB, 1137x1421px) Image search: [Google]
1394739854109.jpg
743KB, 1137x1421px
So my friends circle pretty much whithered away. I don't hang out with anyone nor have anyone to talk to.
I don think that I'm a complete social retard, but I'm still shy and I don't open up to people right away so I'm not charming and spontaneous enough to just approach people at a bar or some shit by myself.

Without any luck, Ive been trying to think of ways to put myself into a "natural" social environment, something that would force me to get to know and talk to people my age-ish. I was thinking....I could get a new job with people my age. That's not a bad idea is it?
My indecision lies with the fact that my job I have now pays enough for me to live off of, full time, with benefits as a janitor.
But theres basically no way to be social at work when you work a job alone 90% of the day, plus my co workers are just grouchy old people. Im pretty ashamed of telling people I'm a janitor aswell. Its a job where people go when they aren't ambitious and gave up on trying basically. Thats how all my co-workers are anyway.

So is it worth leaving this for something that might pay less, but would fulfill me more? I feel like its a tough gamble so I'm here for advice.
Advice on how else to make friends would be appreciated.
>>
Also unrelated but is wearing all black with white shoes a meme?
>>
>>17468039
get drunk and go to partys.

i am over 30 and i get drunk and fuck teen even though i am married at college/university parties.
>>
>>17468049
>just go to parties
Im starting from scratch here dude. I don't know anyone that would even invite me to a party. I don't know where they are happening and you cant just show up without having a mutual friend.
>>
I can't help much since I'm in the same boat,
but I'll tell you don't quit your job for a shittier paying one. If you're gonna get the same shit, then yeah switch jobs for more social opportunity, but don't fuck with your finances over it.
It may not even work. I tried the work for friends thing, you'd think that minimum wage retail jobs in a college town would be full of, you know, young kids/college students? Nope, lots of middle age housewives for some reason. Plus we were worked so hard you never had an opportunity to talk to any of them anyways. I don't even remember any of their names.
But that could have just been my experience, but I didn't have anything to lose either.
Don't quit a good job for the possibility, you know? You might just get stuck with a shittier job and still lonely and friendless.
>>
>>17468057
I wouldn't really say I have a "good job". Its just enough nothing more. I only get paid $10.80 an hour, which is still like chump change, but I also dont have many expenses.

But yeah thats what Im afraid of. I think i'd try to scope a place out to see who works there first though ya know what I mean? I already work with middle-age to old people who are grouchy, so I'd want to be leaving that behind.
>>
>>17468064
>10.80
Fuck. Do you live in a more expensive area or something? All I can ever get where I'm from is 7.60

But yeah, if you can find a better job, in every way not just socially, then go for it. But don't sacrifice money to do so, because at least if you're friendless you can maybe buy happiness lol.
>>
>>17468081
No I dont live in an expensive area, but thats like 22k a year which isnt much but could be worse.

I have a possible job opportunity that would be social and pay more but if that doesnt work out idk if I wanna be a janitor all my life my dude
>>
If you're physically capable of walking for an hour, and can keep a beat, consider social ballroom dance group lessons.

You should be able to find a studio that will put you in a decent sized mixed gender group of near-beginners, meeting at least once a week or so. It's a fun, structured way to meet people, with less pressure on you personally.

As a somewhat stereotypical socially awkward programmer dude, the analytical part of my brain found it a lot more enjoyable than I'd expected (the steps/holds are very formalized), and the atrophied social part of my brain learned how to talk to and touch women without being weird about it.
>>
>>17468171
Lol when I tried swing dancing once, it was an awful experience for me because there were about 20 girls and 3 dudes. Had to wait around for a dude to free up, since none of the other grills wanted to learn how to lead. All the dudes were way out of my league anyways, I was fat at the time so really every dude was out of my league anyways though.

So yeah I guess from a dude's perspective that was probably great. Try dancing lol.
>>
>>17468171
I dont typically listen to music that I could dance to like that but it does sound interesting. Where would I look to find something like that?
Also Im insecure about my manlet-ness, what if I get a dance partner that's taller than me? Won't we both feel akward?
>>
>>17468212

>>17468180

Hah, yeah there does tend to be a surplus of gals, some places have it worse than others.

Re getting started, just google "ballroom dance + city" and look for a place offering group lessons (which will be most of them). Most places offer entry level classes that don't require any experience at all, don't need you to bring a partner or anything; just show up and follow directions.

The height thing really isn't a problem for social dance, unless there's literally +3' difference, the instructor will be able to help you figure out the hold.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.