[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what medication shouhld i try to get from my doctor to lose weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
what medication shouhld i try to get from my doctor to lose weight? i´m fat as fuck. i try to lose weight over and over again and i fail so horribly. i end up getting even fatter. i just want it to be over. i don´t care if it´s not healthy. i just want to not be fat anymore. what should i go for?
>>
Get a gastric band.
>>
>>17467736
i´m not that fat yet. i can´t get one.
>>
>>17467662
Duromine. Or just put some speed in your morning coffee, much of a muchness.
>>
>>17467753
i´ll check it out, thanks
i prefer to keep it legal and paid by my insurance
>>
>>17467767
Definately duromine then. Some doctors will be wary of giving it out, but some will if you show a genuine wish to eat properly and exercise etc as well.
>>
>>17467662
if you want to lose weight and keep it off you need to learn self control, not medication.
>>
>>17467662
You fucking yanks and your pills.
Eat less, move more.
Don't eat anything that comes in a wrapper, ready made or a "light" version (you will eat more as you think you have been "good")
Don't drink sugary drinks, drink water
Make sure half of your meals consist of green veggies
Have your dinner later in the evening so you aren't hungry in the night
Start walking or join a gym, get a PT and tell them your goal
Log everything you consume in myfitnesspal
Don't keep any bad food in the house, throw out your take away menus and stop going to McDickmeat's
Don't try and rely on medication to fix your problems
>>
>>17467797
yeah, i tried that. since 20 years. i give up now. i´m done with my weak will. i just want to not have to buy new clothes every few months.

>>17467781
i have tried to talk to my doc already and eh seems very hesistant with helping me. he just told me to eat less and exercise more. i tried to make him undertand that i´m not retarded, just extremely weak willed. oh well, i´ll try again
>>
>>17467662
i highly recommend crack cocaine
>>
>>17467804
i do all that. i eat healthy. i cook everything from scratch. i can´t remember when i ate chocolate or any sweets besides fruits (which i limit, i know it´s still sugar after all) the last time and i drink nothing but water. just way too much for my size as it seems. people often tell me that i eat very small portions. i´m always hugry. i am physical active at work and also in my free time. sure, i could do more exercise, but i did that and still gained weight so i just gave up again after half a year since i couldn´t bring myself to o it anymore if it didn´t even make a difference. i tried to get my doc to find out if something with my metabolism isn´t right but he just told me to "eat less, exercise more". but if i eat even less i´d have to go under 1000 kcals (yes, i tracked that) and i´d have to run 10k every other day and would still get fatter by the hour. i don´t know what´s the problem with me
>>
>>17467821
i wouldn´t even know how to get that and i also don´t want to spend too much money
>>
>>17467827
no
>>
>>17467835
i know you don´t believe me. i´m not brainwashed and trying to find excuses. i tried the "eat less, exercise more" thing for a long time and again and again. something´s really fucked in my case
>>
>>17467827
You are lying either to us or yourself. Calories don't materialise from thin air.
>>
>>17467839
no they don´t. i think my body is just fucking hoarding them
>>
>>17467827
>>17467841
I call bullshit.
I'm a personal trainer and I have heard hundreds of similar stories.
Unless your body found a way to beat thermodynamics, you are talking utter shit.
You are eating too much if you are fat, it is that simple.
If I ate 1k calories a day I'd be grouchy and tired all day, then I'd sleep for 10 hours, I'm also in good health and can't run 10k every other day, because then I'd be over training and bomb weight off.

Your story is bullshit, the only truth in your body hoarding calories is that you have stored them as adipose tissue (fat), but your body will use triglycerides (stored fat) between meals for energy, but otherwise if your body was withholding energy from you and you didn't eat much you would drop dead.
That's why we know you are talking shit.

Get myfitnesspal and log EVERYTHING that you consume, every cake, biscuit and deep fried vegetable.

You aren't special like your mother told you, you aren't exempt from the laws of thermodynamics, accept this and stop making excuses, if you had a legitimate thyroid problem your doctor would have found it because of the numerous markers that come with it in your blood work and the rest.
>>
>>17467662
Amphetamines, à la Requiem for a Dream.
>>
inb4 body dysmorphia troll
>>
Cocaine.
>>
>>17467851
see, i know all that. i have amassed some knowledge on the topic in all those years. i´m not trying to make up excuses and i also do think that i´m not lying to myself. i don´t eat inbetween. at all. i have trained myself to not do tahta anymre. so i know i only eat 2 meals a day. i know what and how much i eat. periodically, i track it but then stop again after a few motnhs because it´s futile.
i asked my doc to check my blood ´, namely for thyroid problems and he flat out refused. he tested ironand vitman d, which was both low. but he refused to check my hormon levels. he said it was unnecessary and only costs money.
but oh well, i know you get all that every day. you probably just want to bitch slap me and tell me to stop hining and get my shit together. maybe you are right. i just don´t know where to get the discipline from to amp up my eating exercise even more. especially since all my previous attempts failed. and no, i didn´t do silly fad diets. and yes, i exercised enough
>>
>>17467862
my bmi is 28.

>>17467858
>>17467868
i would. but i don´t think i could even get my hands on it
>>
>>17467740
>I'm not fat enough yet
Then you know what you must do. See you at the buffet.
>>
>>17467877
So you're saying you had more calories out than in and you still gained weight? As the other anon said, your body found a way to beat thermodynamics? So you're the one that ALL scientists hate?
>>
>>17467884
i have actually thought about just pigging out to get the required bmi. only thing holding me back is what i fear gravity will do to my body if i gain that much. it might be permanent damage or some i can only do a bad attempt t to hide with surgery. which i couldn´t afford anyways
>>
>>17467877
>maybe you are right
If I'm not you can make a shit ton of money by solving the energy crisis.
>>
>>17467881
If you watched the film, I don't really think you'd be really okay with the idea.
>>
>>17467888
i know how that sounds. i also know that´s it´s not possible. i just know that i do my fucking best to keep track of my food intake and also try to exercise regularly but it doesn´t help at all. i don´t want to "win" or "be right" or convince you that it´s "not my fault". i´m willing to admit that i might just fuck up if i only finally find the solution to not get any fatter anymore... maybe i sleepwalk and pig out at mcdonalds or something.
>>
>>17467895
i have watched it twice. a long time ago, that is. i don´t care anymore. i just don´t want to be fat. i hate it so much. i´m fucking disgusted by it. it ruins everything.
>>
>>17467890
Just find a partner with a weight gain fetish to take care of you.
>>
>>17467899
The pills will just reduce your appetite, so it's not really a solution. Can you give us your routine? How do you exercise and how much? How much do you eat (calories + nutrients)? Do you get enough sleep?
>>17467901
If you think that becoming nuts is better than being fat, I think that there might be a problem elsewhere.
>>
>>17467916
i actually made a feabie acocunt but then i suddenly realized how pathetic and revolting that is so i deleted it again
>>
>>17467928
Why? There's nothing wrong with it. You know it is possible to be overweight without seriously compromising your health if you exercise and eat healthy food (but lots of it)

There's nothing pathetic about feabie, lots of cool people on there.
>>
>>17467841
>i think my body is just fucking hoarding them

In a sense, some people have bodies that tend to convert sugars almost immediately into fat. If you've already cut out sugary garbage (including artificial sweeteners) then it might be helpful to reduce the percentage of carbs in your diet and eat more often in smaller portions.
>>
>>17467805
Find a different doctor. Duromine is basically amphetamine, so it decreases your appetite dramatically, as well as giving you energy to exercise. Itbwill show younthenportion sizes you can actually eat without dying.balso use this time to eat healthy food not shit.
>>
>>17467922
>Can you give us your routine?
How do you exercise and how much?
currently i don´t exercise anymore. i´m in a "i don´t even give a fuck anymore" phase. in spring, i used to go for a run trice a week. i worked my way up with those c25k programs and then went on to the 5210k.
How much do you eat (calories + nutrients)?
a regular day consists of breakfast (3 tbsp oats with half a banana, 3 strawberries, 1 cup skim milk, and sometimes a tbsp of plain johurt), lunch (usually my biggest meal. green salad with simple dressing, consisting of one tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, salt and pepper, some sort of protein like fish, chicken or red meat, some sort of carbs, at which i try to stick to whole wheat and keep the portion small, a load of veggies, mostly carrots or broccoli and a piece of fruit as dessert) and dinner which is mostly another salad, but more elaborated. maybe with a boiled egg and a sliced tomato in it or a greek salad. i don´t know the exact stats but i´ve once tracked for over a year and the normal caloric intake was between 1800 and 2200. i´m only 5´1 tho. i supplement with fish oil, multi vitamin, vitamin d, and sometimes a fat burner with coffeine and shit
Do you get enough sleep?
i get atleast 7h of sleep. most of the time more. but i´m also constantly tired. i could nap for hours every day.
>>
>>17467946
not really. and i also don´t want to get too comfortable in my fat rolls. i think feabie is pretty dangerous. i could just bask in my fat and get reassurance for it. it´s gross
>>
>>17467954
>If you've already cut out sugary garbage (including artificial sweeteners) then it might be helpful to reduce the percentage of carbs in your diet and eat more often in smaller portions.
i sometimes don´t eat any sugar or sweeteners (excluding fruits) for weeks. i actually donßt like sweets, so it´s not a big sacrifice. i try to keep my carbs low. i don´t eat them after lunch (i also don´t eat any fruits after that). i figured that if i eat more small meals i get even more hungry. i get really insatiable then. intermittednt fasting might be the best for me, but i have to eat breakfast and dinner with my son for rolemodel purpose and i also have to eat lunch because there i act as a rolemodel for the kids i work with. so i just stick to those 3 meals.
>>
>>17467957
how do i convince my doc to prescribe this to me? i googled and it seems that it´s not allowed where i live
>>
>>17467977
>but i´m also constantly tired
Did talk about this to your doc? What did he say?
>>
>>17468003
i did. he gave me sleeping pills because he was convinced i just don´t get good sleep. i told him that´s not the problem. he´s doesn´t take me serious. probably because i´m fat. told you it fucks up everything to be fat.
>>
Adderall did it for me kek. Not it's intended use, but I can go the whole day forgetting to eat. Shit's great, just say you have trouble focusing blahblah ADD symptoms blah. I hear doctors hand out this shit like candy.
>>
>>17468007
oh, and yes, i took them for half a year. then i told him i will have to stop it NOW. i have gained 20 pounds in that time...
>>
>>17468016
i will still have to be around food. i have to eat and prepare food trice a day, thanks to being resposible for kids. but i do need something that will amp up my energy output and slow down my appetite to a crawl. i might try to get him to hand me some adderall. my broher got it as a kid so i might be able to play out the "muh genetics" card for add
>>
>>17468007
I hate saying that but did you try to see another doctor? Having a second opinion will either convince you that there is nothing to do, or the doc will find a solution.
>>17467977
Did you try to work out instead of just running? Building muscles while losing fat will do you a lot of good, even if you won't lose weight, you still be healthy.
>>
Saxenda.
>>
>>17468023
>see another doctor?
i also started therapy, so i went to a psycholog. i talked to her about my weight and health problems and she switched my ssri´s to something that´s not that prone to make you even fatter (still gained 20 pound from ssri and sleeping pills combo...). i have toyed with the idea but doctors in my area don´t take on new patients. i´ve called and asked...

i do have free weights at home and when i was running, i would lift on my off days. i could notice some imrovement, especially in my butt from the squats and dl´s. but i got even bulkier, since i didn´t lost any fat to go with it. i also had some small fracutres in my shins from going too fast with trying to improve my running performance, so my doc told me that i would need to stop all exercise for about 6 weeks. ofc that threw me back so far i never picked it up again, that´s how lazy i am
>>
>>17468026
i´ll google it.

i´m especially interested in off-label stuff since my doc would probably flat out refuse to give me something that will help me lose weight. i think he secretly enjoys seing me suffer. he probably hates me and i don´t even blame him
>>
>>17468029
it doesn't matter what exercise you do, a completely inactive person can still lose weight just by following the calories in < calories out formula.

You're either cheating whenever you tracked your calories or you're too ignorant and not tracking soda or other things like salad dressing.
>>
>>17468035
did you read my post about my eating habits? i don´t drink anything besides water. yes, that also means no alcohol or coffee. so no hidden calories. and i have never had the habit of drinking soda to begin with. if i track, i track EVERYTHING, the smalles spoon full of vinegar. and i measure everything out with a scale. i´m quiet pedantic with that
>>
>>17468035
and also, why would i cheat? i would only fool myself and then there would be no reason to even track my calories... that makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>17468022
I am too, but for me the adderall actually makes food seem unappealing. Like I never feel hungry, I don't feel full either, just content. But the idea of eating seems unappealing too. But not like "I'm gonna throw up if I try", just that it seems like a chore so I'm less likely to eat a bunch of garbage.
Just gotta learn to control yourself when it wears off. You'll get hit with a rush of hunger pangs.
But with a little practice in self control, I've been doing 300 calories maximum a day with it. Shit's great, combined with light exercise my skele dreams are coming to light.
Now, that's just an example of it being used to the extreme. Assuming you don't have dreams of being skeletor, you can easily just use it to cut back as much as you're willing.
>>
>>17468076
Sounds like that's what i need. How did you get it? What other effects did you notice?
>>
>>17467981
>it´s gross
How so?
>>
>>17468079
The problem is that ritalin is the go to medication for add here, which would make it highly suspect if i asked for adderall. And ritalin is not an amphetamin, so it won't work as good. Any idea how i could reliably get aderall from another source?
>>
>>17467827
>if i eat even less i´d have to go under 1000 kcals
Then do it.
>>
>>17468082
On adv alone, there are enough guys who would want to fuck a fat girl but would never want be seen with her. The same holds true for feabie. It's basically just badoo/tinder for land whales. Those guys don't really think you are beautifulfor obvious reasons. They just want to get off and the fat rolls provide a refreshing novelty to the average skinny figure. Then the whole "forbidden and disgusting" thing plays into it too. They might get off to ithut they don't actually like it, or god forbid, love it. That's another league. That'a why it's disgusting. It's like presenting yourself at a meat market
>>
>>17468092
I have done that. I did under 500 for 3 weeks straight. I lost some water weight and then gained it all back plus more.
>>
>>17468093
>Those guys don't really think you are beautifulfor obvious reasons. They just want to get off and the fat rolls provide a refreshing novelty to the average skinny figure
No, that's wrong. Fat fetishism is a real thing.
>>
>>17468097
Yeah, it's a FETISH. It's sexual. I don't want to be a fetish.
>>
>>17468098
I was just correcting a false statement.

>>17468096
Possibilities:
1) Find a different doctor. Get your hormones checked in a private clinic.
2) You're counting kcals wrong.
3) You're a midget and should be eating 400 kcal a day.
>>
>>17467662
Download myfitnesspal, count your calories.

Stimulants will suppress your appetite. Amphetamines would be the big guns (maybe you can get an Rx for ADHD or some shit), but an ECA stack (google it) or just plain drinking more caffeine will work too.

Honestly though you can reform your eating habits til you're satisfied with less. You just kind of have to slog it out for the first few days (or weeks depending on how fat you are) while your body goes through a kind of hormonal withdrawal, and then you'll probably find that eating under your TDEE feels normal.

I go through cycles every year where I have to break my winter fatass habits, but once you're over the hump it's not that bad at all.
>>
>>17467662
medicine that makes ur stomach tight so that u feel too full to eat.
>>
>>17468093
Completely wrong, and I'm living proof of it.
>>
>>17468098
You want people to be attracted to your potential thin body, but attraction to your current fat body is disgusting and fetishistic?

Why?
>>
>>17467993
No idea, where abouts are you? There are other amphetamine style things that go by different names, do some research into duromine alternatives and find out what's allowed where you are.
>>
>>17468076
>>17467977
>>17467851
>>17467827

I was your position anon. I did what you were doing and was still gaining weight. I didn't fix myself until I realized what I was doing is all wrong. Because I didn't eat enough after overeating for most of my life, by body was weak. As a result, my "workouts", which I did 4-5 times a weak didn't really burn any calories at all.

You are probably eating more than you think. You are probably browsing 4chan while you eat and not realizing it. You are probably tired or lifting heavy objects at work, which, while tiring, isn't really cardio and probably isn't building muscle.

You might want to consider not working out outside or at home. Have you joined a gym?
>>
>>17467881
wait a second, you made this thread and your bmi is only 28? That's not even in the obese category, you're just like a little chubby.

what the fuck?
>>
File: 1434948939943.jpg (36KB, 455x481px) Image search: [Google]
1434948939943.jpg
36KB, 455x481px
I would do diet and exercise before medication.
Zonegram works for me as far as suppressing appetite. Good luck getting a prescription tho.
Read the /fit/ sticky, dumbass.
>>
You want a magic pill? Go fuck yourself.

You think people become magically happy after losing weight? No, they become happy because they start to bring purpose to their lives, they work hard and see improvement, they get motivated by success.

Even if there was a magic pill to make you /fit/ in a week you'd still be a fat sack of unmotivated shit inside.
>>
>>17469878
Did you bother reading the thread?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.