[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with retarded parents? My dad has ADHD and he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mr_robot_family.jpg (149KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mr_robot_family.jpg
149KB, 667x1000px
How to deal with retarded parents?

My dad has ADHD and he's stubborn as FUCK, doesn't ever go to doctors, screams around the house laughing like a little kid. He's barely functional, always talks about and does the same stuff everyday. I think he's basically given up on his condition. He's close to 60.

My mom is a control freak that pretends that everyone is fine as long as they keep breathing. She engages in blissful ignorance with my dad, prefers to talk about everything that isn't related to our family. When I talked to her about the problem, the way they raised me to be a retard just like them, she cried and forgot all about it the next day.

I don't even think I'm above them, but anyone with common sense can see that there's plenty wrong here. I'm so sick of this shit that I can't even talk to them anymore.

I just need a few more months before I can live somewhere else and leave these nutjobs to their conditions, but I don't know how much longer I can stand.
>>
You're suffering from being edgy.

Watch out for those corners OP, they'll getcha.
>>
>>17467157
You deal with retarded parents by showing them that you are a mature, independent adult.

This cannot be done if you are still living off of them.
>>
>>17467178
I understand, but I don't think I'm overreacting. I just realized how bad it is too late.

>>17467188
Right. No way out of this until then, I guess.
>>
>>17467157
Just stay in your own world, stay in your room or find a activity that makes you not so close all the time with them.
>>
>>17467178
Actually you are being edgy as fuck. Swear to god, some anon seem to think that no matter what parents do children always are at fault. I'm inclined to belive they would say to stop being edgy even if daughter of Joseph Fritz posted her ("oh, your father is raping you? Stop being so edgy, jeeez.") I don't know if they are so deluded in their little heads or their parents brainwashed them hard enough so they belive that child is always in the wrong or if they are the lucky ones that had good parents and belive everyone else had good parents also.

>>17467188
It could be hard to live as a independent person while you haven't had any good iniciative to grow as a person, while your parents in fact stunted your growth and treated you like a child while not giving any emotional stability. Some people can do it but even them need to battle emotional issues later in life.

>>17467157
You deserve better OP. As everyone you deserve caring, responsible, smart and mature parents that would help you learn right way to live your life that will help you with your emotions and that will let you grow as a person. Sadly very many people don't have that. You need to keep that in mind. There are things that were taken from you, very basic things that your parents didn't give. You will have problem with your emotions, with discipline, with relationships. What you need to understand is, it's not your fault. But it's not anyone fault but your parents either. So for the sake of your friends and your future or presens signifiant other you need to grow as a person, you need to be a parent for yourself.

My advice would be: spend as little time as possible at home. Piss at them, don't care for them, because you need to care for yourself. Get a hobby, get another, find or create a group of people to spend time with. Go hiking, find yourself a girlfriend that you will spend time with. Go fishing, go for bicycle ride. Spend time reading in libraries or outdoors.

TBC
>>
>>17467356
Do not let them guilt trip you into beliving that you are "betraying them" by not spending time listening to their bullshit. Advice of the other anons was also good. Find a job, if only for a while and only for a little cash. It will let you learn responsibility and value of money. Don't give money to them either. It's your cash. They have no right to your cash, while you have right to their as their children they have moral, traditional and even legal obligation to provide for you. Don't be spoiled brat but don't be your parents pushover either.

Care for yourself, read about psychology, psychiatry. Good luck, I hope I helped if only a little.
>>
>>17467269
Oh and if I could just criticise a little. Don't spend time at home and in your room, it will stunt your personal growth. Spend time with people, preferable as far away from your parents as possible. Find the glory of life.
>>
Just remember that control is an illusion
>>
>>17467356
>It could be hard to live as a independent person while you haven't had any good iniciative to grow as a person, while your parents in fact stunted your growth and treated you like a child while not giving any emotional stability. Some people can do it but even them need to battle emotional issues later in life.

The fact that you're mature enough to have made that determination is sole proof that it is false.
>>
>>17467356
Thank you, anon. I thought it would all become better once I leave here, but there's a lot I need to change other than that, reorganize my life, like you said.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.