[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Try to read a book >read 10 pages >put it down >never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 444151.jpg (181KB, 317x699px) Image search: [Google]
444151.jpg
181KB, 317x699px
>Try to read a book
>read 10 pages
>put it down
>never touch it again
How do I overcome this?
>>
>>17466747
For school or for personal enjoyment?
>>
>>17466754
Either, really. I always used to read summaries for school
>>
>>17466747
Jesus only 10 pages?

Books are an investment. You don't get instant gratification like you do from a TV show or (some) movies.

I guess if you want to give it a better shot, give yourself a goal that's dependent on the length of the book. If it's like 400 pages, set a goal to get to page 100. If you don't like it, or feel invested, or you don't have the desire to continue reading it, then you most likely won't like the rest of the book.
>>
Try reading the lesser for of books instead, Light Novels.

The more fun version of the boring "real" books where many anime and manga get their source from. You get to at least enjoy the dumb but fun premises most of its stories tend to have. But only if you ignore the quality of the translations you will get.

I recommend going to Baka-Tsuki if you want to start reading right now. They got lots of free stuff to read there. Google it if you don't know what it is.

TL;DR
>Read LNs
>Grit your teeth and bear with the bad english you will most likely encounter, don't be a faggot about it. It's about the story, not the grammar
>Enjoy/Drop the activity
>???
>If you survived step 3, try reading a real book for once to try and see if you can now tolerate up to 100 pages
>Or better, commit to reading LNs, then their (Inferior)Manga versions and become a full-time weeb

If you're interested, I can give you some recommendations on what to start reading. That way, there will possibly be one more of us weebs in the future.
>>
>>17466747
Books are a thing of the past. Really you are an idiot if you are still reading books.

We have the innernette now, time to move on.
>>
Pick the book up again, anon. That's really easy, right? Read another page or ten. Repeat until the book ends. Set up a daily alarm to remind you to pick up the book and read.

If you need help, I can come kick your ass and command you to pick up the book.
>>
File: royalbookcaptnsalt.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
royalbookcaptnsalt.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Go to the library and leave your cell phone at home so that you have nothing to do there but read. Visit the library starting with one hour once a week and work from there if you want to. Or try reading at the bus stop, on the bus, outside at the park, where ever. Work reading into your schedule, like before or after work. I leave for work an hour earlier than I need to and sit down to some reading time because I never want to read at home when I have access to my computer.
>>
Read short story anthologies.
>>
>>17466747
Read 9 page books.

Seriously, start by reading a graphic novel version of some classic. If you enjoy it, try reading the original.
>>
It's not necessarily about the type of book. Even people who love to read can lose focus and can put down books after a little time.

The thing is, you have to block off a period of time where you will not have any distractions from reading (putting the phone away is a must). There's this "groove" or "sweet spot" that occurs roughly after 30 minutes of reading where your brain just focuses on the pages. You have to focus until this point. After you hit this sweet spot, then you can devour pages like it's nothing (which is how people read for hours on end). This is why SSR in schools isn't very successful in getting reluctant readers into reading because they don't have enough time to get into it (most SSR is 15 minutes).
>>
>>17466747
stop looking at the title and read inside before you take it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.